News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

Started by garbon, May 23, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on May 26, 2012, 06:04:40 PM
It is mystifying though why people who claim there is no point in arguing with Berkut and he never changes his opinion insist on spending countless posts debating him. :P

Indeed; and what is even more hilarious is that they spend all that time accusing him of never changing his mind, when they could be spending that time more wisely conceding that he is right, in this case.  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

It is mystifying though why people who claim there is no point in arguing with Berkut and he never changes his opinion insist on spending countless posts debating him. :P

When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England.
PDH!

Neil

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 12:59:10 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 12:55:32 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2012, 12:51:30 PM
So do I have, at least in part, a background of racism because I'm an anti-Obama person and some anti-Obama folks are racist?
Bah, we decided you were both a race traitor and gender traitor ages ago.  You just get the Jewish Ghetto Police award.  :P
How fitting that I'm getting told who I should be supporting from a straight, white male.
To be fair, Irish is the lowest grade of white and his heterosexuality is pretty tenuous.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on May 26, 2012, 07:18:39 PM

Indeed; and what is even more hilarious is that they spend all that time accusing him of never changing his mind, when they could be spending that time more wisely conceding that he is right, in this case.  :P

Must be a tribal thing.  A person who expects members of a political party to share beliefs is obviously an extremist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on May 26, 2012, 04:15:26 PM
The difference is that my claim that you are an extremist is backed up by reason and evidence - I've noted your actions and exeplained why they are extreme (such as your insistence that moderates Democrats are not Democrats at all - a classic characteristic of extremists).
Oh, that's different then.  When irrational people reach their own conclusions, they know that their conclusions are not backed up by reason and what they perceive as evidence.

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on May 26, 2012, 04:50:17 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 26, 2012, 02:27:07 AM
That actually reminds me of a family story.  The husband of my grandmother's sister, during a family gathering, was going on and on about another member of the family who wasn't present, and who has mental illness.  "She's crazy.  Nuts.  Coo-coo.  Crazy, crazy, crazy."  Nobody had the guts to point out that the guy himself had schizophrenia, either out of politeness, or out of awareness that the guy had a tendency to flip out, and often carried a gun illegally.

That actually reminds me of a family story.  The husband of my grandmother's sister, during a family gathering, was going on and on about how things reminded him of old family stories, even though they didn't.  "That actually reminds me of a family story," he would start each time.  Nobody had the guts to point out that we were all in the same family and would have heard of these stories before, if he wasn't just making them up; either out of politeness, or out of awareness that the guy had a tendency to flip out, and often started telling even more "family stories" when he got caught making shit up.
If you're attempting to imply that I made it up, you are, of course, off-base.  The guy unfortunately was very real (ironically, his nickname was Berka).  I'm not implying that Berkut is anything like Berka, because Berka was an utter piece of shit than no one except his emotionally battered wife missed when he passed away, but Berkut's unawareness of his own irrationality and inability to perceive reality in the same way as everyone else while habitually accusing others of it was a parallel too close to miss for me.

Jaron

I lost you there Guller. Why are you calling Berkut a piece of shit?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

11B4V

Crazy people, usually think everyone else is crazy, other than themselves of course.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on May 26, 2012, 09:04:35 PM
To be fair, Irish is the lowest grade of white and his heterosexuality is pretty tenuous.

Maybe, but at least I'm

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2012, 10:44:50 PM

Maybe, but at least I'm

Care to show proof by way of Birth Certificate?

And none of this short form Bullshit.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Siege

Maybe, but at least I'm

I wasn't made in america, but I have done more for America that you ever will.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 26, 2012, 10:55:49 PM
Care to show proof by way of Birth Certificate?

And none of this short form Bullshit.

I was born at 7:21am on 7/21.  How's that for a Baltimore niggy straight-and-box Pick 3?  :P

Jaron

Quote from: Siege on May 26, 2012, 10:58:58 PM

Maybe, but at least I'm

I wasn't made in america, but I have done more for America that you ever will.

I forgot its Memorial Day weekend...

In light of that, can you go and get yourself shot so I can have a drink in your honor? :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller

Because people generally don't like to be character assassinated.