Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

Started by garbon, May 23, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 24, 2012, 06:09:26 PM
FBI now has a target.

Yeah, I'll wait while they try to infiltrate for 8 months with somebody that'll be able to score me inert whore pills.  AT NO TIME WERE THE WHORE PILLS A THREAT TO THE PUBLIC

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ed Anger

Seedy is now in Macedonia at a CIA black site.  :(

I call dibs on his wargames.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2012, 06:30:42 PM
I call dibs on his wargames.

Sorry, bro...they go up in flames once the forced entry breach starts.  I WILL FULFILL MY OWN PROPHESY

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 24, 2012, 06:00:27 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 24, 2012, 05:51:20 PM
A century hence Obama will be looked at like Bleeding Kansas was to the Civil War.

So it's gonna get worse?  In what way?

I imagine the'll be another Oklahoma city.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

QuoteSorry, bro...they go up in flames once the forced entry breach starts.  I WILL FULFILL MY OWN PROPHESY

There went my boarding party.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

A century hence Obama will be looked at like Bleeding Kansas was to the Civil War.

That's my concern.  Something has to give.  You can't run a country where one half of citizens is engaged in a zero-sum game against another one-half of citizens, not when running a country requires a gentleman's agreement to not conduct guerrilla warfare against the democratically-elected victor.  Something major has to happen to change the situation, it cannot de-escalate by itself.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on May 24, 2012, 06:39:22 PM
That's my concern.  Something has to give.  You can't run a country where one half of citizens is engaged in a zero-sum game against another one-half of citizens, not when running a country requires a gentleman's agreement to not conduct guerrilla warfare against the democratically-elected victor.  Something major has to happen to change the situation, it cannot de-escalate by itself.

We need either a Congressional rule or an Amendment that if no budget is agreed upon, last year's budget is automatically in effect.

Other than that, vive gridlock.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 24, 2012, 06:43:53 PM
:rolleyes: This is another American conservative pathology I could never understand.  They think that the government is ineffective and incompetent, and yet they celebrate and look forward to the government being paralyzed.  Yeah, that'll fix it.  This kind of cynicism is corrupting to the core.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on May 24, 2012, 07:00:36 PM
:rolleyes: This is another American conservative pathology I could never understand.  They think that the government is ineffective and incompetent, and yet they celebrate and look forward to the government being paralyzed.  Yeah, that'll fix it.  This kind of cynicism is corrupting to the core.

Gridlock is not government being paralyzed.  Social Security checks get written, fighter patrols get scrambled, the FBI taps the phones, courts hand down rulings, student loans get processed, everything still works.

Razgovory

http://web.archive.org/web/20100104080736/http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Conservative+Free+Republic+blog+free+speech+flap+after+racial+slurs+directed+Obama+children/1782375/story.html

I wonder where people get the idea that there is racism behind some of the Obama Hate.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Yes.  Second Civil War. 
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on May 24, 2012, 07:00:36 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 24, 2012, 06:43:53 PM

I like to think that Teabagger Richard Mourdock, who ousted Senator Richard Lugar out in Indiana in the GOP primary, summed it up best the day after the election:

"I have a mindset that says bipartisanship ought to consist of Democrats coming to the Republican point of view. You know, I've said many times through this campaign that one of the things I hope to do is to help build a conservative majority in the United States Senate and continue to help the House build a Republican majority and have a Republican White House and then bipartisanship becomes having Democrats come our way."

At least he's paid his constituents with the courtesy of admitting he's not going to Washington to accomplish anything, even before his election.

That's the way they want it, and they're not going to budge until they get it.  Shame, really.  That's why they're going to shut down the government this summer.

derspiess

Something major has to happen to change the situation, it cannot de-escalate by itself.

Uh, things de-escalate on their own all the time.  I think you guys are being overly dramatic, like you have a conflict fetish or something.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall