D: France
1 (2.1%)
D: England
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Richard Hakluyt

I was amazed at Italy's inability to score last night  :hmm:

Iormlund

They seem to lack a finisher, which is unusual.

In any case, Germany has a fairly big advantage having rested two more days (and no extra time). And they are fairly young.
That alone should give them the edge, especially beyond the 60th min.

Zanza

Quote from: Gups on June 25, 2012, 11:27:51 AM
You think any of the German forwards would have missed the chances Baliotelli did last night?
Aren't you aware of the reputation Gomez had in the English press before this tournament?

DGuller

Quote from: Josephus on June 25, 2012, 10:09:56 AM
It's not that clear but in this pic you can just make out an English fan trying to distract Italy's final shooter by pulling his pants down. He's wearing green shirt, behind goal, no pants:

SMALL PENIS ALERT:

https://twitter.com/ilMonz/status/217210413882941440/photo/1
That's false advertising, you can't see anything there.

Pedrito

Nice semifinal coming up this evening, Ronaldo vs. Spain.  :)

Useless statistics: Portugal's better scoring first then try to preserve the lead, because the last time Spain lost a game after scoring first was in 2006  :huh:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Tamas

I am looking forward to see annoying Ronaldo humbled by round-passing Spaniards. Seeing him run around in circles chasing the ball will be hillarious.

I am also looking forward to see if the Germans manage a good performance against a team which actually has the means to put up a meaningful opposition.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Pedrito on June 27, 2012, 04:32:56 AM

Useless statistics: Portugal's better scoring first then try to preserve the lead, because the last time Spain lost a game after scoring first was in 2006  :huh:
The last time Spain conceded in the knock out stages was in 2006 :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

It's strange. I used to follow all the big tournaments since 1984 extensively, watching all the coverage, reading articles etc. However, this year the tournament is leaving me oddly empty and unaffected.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Gups

I think its been a great tournament, possibly the best major one since USA 1994. Refereeing standards have been superb, players have been noticably less whiney than usual and the quality of the play has been generally very good with contrasting styles and tactics.

It's missing a really epic match though.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on June 27, 2012, 04:42:45 AM
I am looking forward to see annoying Ronaldo humbled by round-passing Spaniards. Seeing him run around in circles chasing the ball will be hillarious.

Already happened.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2012, 05:58:10 AM
Quote from: Liep on June 27, 2012, 05:49:30 AM
Wonderful gif. :lol:

Temper tantrum and everything.  :lol:

Indeed, even if it's small and low quality you can't miss that tell-tale tantrum.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

Tantrum aside that gif looped for 90 minutes is every god damn spain game :(

If Portugal can't beat them I hope Germany crushes them to the point of embarrassment. They deserve to be punished for the grave injustice they do to the game.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2012, 05:47:15 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 27, 2012, 04:42:45 AM

Already happened.

:lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.