D: France
1 (2.1%)
D: England
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: Syt on June 12, 2012, 01:17:17 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 12, 2012, 01:08:46 PM
Euro 2012: Polish and Russian fans injured in clash as march decends into violence on Russia Day
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/euro-2012/9327483/Euro-2012-Polish-and-Russian-fans-injured-in-clash-as-march-decends-into-violence-on-Russia-Day.html

Comment on that page:
QuoteRussians fighting in Warsaw? Bit late, should have done that in 1944
:lol:
QuoteTen thousand Russia fans crossed the Vistula river towards the
Quoteflanked by riot police,
QuoteThey also threw missiles

The telegraph isn't reporting the news here, they are cutting and pasting from battle reports from 1939 and 1944.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2012, 04:10:55 AM
And German sport fans threw paper serpentines at Ronaldo. :(
Yeah, and in the first half it was announced over the tannoy that if German fans kept throwing 'missiles, even soft missiles' then the game would be suspended and Germany penalised.  In the second half it was less of an issue because the Germans were attacking towards the German fans.

QuoteThe telegraph isn't reporting the news here, they are cutting and pasting from battle reports from 1939 and 1944.
Well that's the way the Telegraph reports all news from FOREIGN places.  Especially European summits and meetings between British PMs and US Presidents.  The only exception is when they're reporting anything to do with the French in which case they get the archive from 1793-1815 open.
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 12, 2012, 01:08:46 PM
Euro 2012: Polish and Russian fans injured in clash as march decends into violence on Russia Day
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/euro-2012/9327483/Euro-2012-Polish-and-Russian-fans-injured-in-clash-as-march-decends-into-violence-on-Russia-Day.html

Stupid Polish hooligans. Fortunately, this government is quite tough on football hooligans (whereas PiS defends them as "real patriots"  :roll eyes: ).

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

So is the whistling and jeering whenever the opposing team has the ball a common East European thing? I don't recall it being much of a feature in other games I've watched from elsewhere.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

Martinus

Heh, our group got interesting, as now each of Russia, Czech Republic and Poland has a chance to progress (poor Greeks) and who does it depends on the result of the Poland-Czech Republic match on Saturday.

If we win with the Czechs, we and Russia leave. If Czechs win or draw, them and Russia leave. Until yesterday I was sure we win with Czechs and lose to Russia. This is quite surprising.

Martinus

Apparently, the set up is such that after yesterday draw with Russians in Warsaw, if we win with Czechs in Breslau on Saturday, we are bound to face Germans in Danzig next.  :lol:

katmai

I know in whole scheme of things it isn't that impressive, but remember the games are on live at Noon and like 2:30 in afternoon here.
Hell i remember having to buy the 2000 Euro's on PPV.

QuoteBRISTOL, Conn. (AP) -- The European Championship's viewership is up big from four years ago.

Through six matches of Euro 2012, ESPN's English-language games were averaging 1.3 million viewers, more than triple the number in 2008.

The Italy-Spain game Sunday was watched by 2.1 million people, more than any Euro 2008 match other than the final on ABC.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son