D: Sweden
0 (0%)
D: France
1 (2.1%)
D: England
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Martinus

In Poland we have like the whole menagerie of score-predicting beasts.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on June 07, 2012, 08:50:47 AM
We should have a pool

I bet five languish bucks on Poland getting through the group stage.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Hansmeister

I think the Polish team has a lot of talent, is playing in a weak group on home turf.  They should make it through group phase, maybe even finish first, but it is hard to predict how their lack of experience will play out on the big stage.  Will they be able to live up to their potential or crumble under pressure?

The Larch

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 07, 2012, 09:11:55 AM
I think the Polish team has a lot of talent, is playing in a weak group on home turf.  They should make it through group phase, maybe even finish first, but it is hard to predict how their lack of experience will play out on the big stage.  Will they be able to live up to their potential or crumble under pressure?

Lot of talent? Besides Lewandowski, which Polish player would you put as first rate currently?

I mean, I also think that they have a shot, mostly due to the utter weakness of their group, but they'd be out in the knockout stage whoever they meet.

Martinus

I have serious hots for the captain of the Polish team.

The Larch

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2012, 09:20:54 AM

I am convinced that scott parker is bond villan gustav graves cloned.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Hansmeister

Quote from: The Larch on June 07, 2012, 09:18:41 AM

Lot of talent? Besides Lewandowski, which Polish player would you put as first rate currently?

I mean, I also think that they have a shot, mostly due to the utter weakness of their group, but they'd be out in the knockout stage whoever they meet.
I was thinking Jakub Błaszczykowski and Łukasz Piszczek in particular. 

The Larch

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 07, 2012, 09:39:41 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 07, 2012, 09:18:41 AM

I was thinking Jakub Błaszczykowski and Łukasz Piszczek in particular.

All the Borussia Dortmund players, then.  :lol:

Pedrito

Ok, time for a bit of predictions:

A) Russia, Poland
B) Holland, Germany
c) Spain, Croatia
D) France, Sweden

Quarter finals:
Russia-Germany: Russia
Holland-Poland: Holland
Spain-Sweden: Spain
France-Croatia: France

Semis:
Russia-Spain: Spain
Holland-France: France

Final: Spain-France: France

Not really in line with the fact that I answered Portugal to the poll question  :P

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Cecil

France as winner? They cant have improved that much lately can they?

Josephus

France, really? Can't see it. Though the Euros is the tournament of upsets.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

I can't see France winning out, but getting to the semis is possible. They have a very talented team but I haven't seen a really great performance from them, just a series of somewhat decent ones.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Viking on June 07, 2012, 09:33:24 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2012, 09:20:54 AM

I am convinced that scott parker is bond villan gustav graves cloned.

He looks like a world war 2 pilot to me.