D: Sweden
0 (0%)
D: France
1 (2.1%)
D: England
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Eddie Teach

I'm picking the Mexican-speakers on account they won the last WC.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

miozozny

Quote from: Zanza on May 25, 2012, 10:15:50 AM
So according to the FIFA ranking, all four teams in Group B are among the best ten in the world and three are among the five best teams in the world. Has there ever been a comparable group of death?

The Italy-France-NL-Romania group four years ago also looked pretty impressive.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

FunkMonk

I only saw the highlights of the Denmark friendly but they really are shit aren't they? :moon:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

Germany lost 3-5 to Switzerland! Bayern's players were missing, but that was a really poor show nevertheless.

Octavian

Meh who cares! It's friendlies close to the beginning of the competition. What player or team for that matter would give 100 % of themselves in a match and risk getting injuries?

None!

Nevertheless I do agree Denmark's team aren't particularly impressive. As always my goal is to have them advance the group stages although this time I can forgive them for not succeeding.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on May 26, 2012, 12:52:59 PM
Germany lost 3-5 to Switzerland! Bayern's players were missing, but that was a really poor show nevertheless.
...That sounds like a really fun game.

England beat Norway 1-0.  It wasn't a fun game.  The weather in Oslo looked lovely.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Octavian on May 26, 2012, 03:55:49 PMWhat player or team for that matter would give 100 % of themselves in a match and risk getting injuries?

The ones fighting for a place in the final squad.

Octavian

Quote from: The Larch on May 26, 2012, 04:19:08 PM
Quote from: Octavian on May 26, 2012, 03:55:49 PMWhat player or team for that matter would give 100 % of themselves in a match and risk getting injuries?

The ones fighting for a place in the final squad.

Good point however I already anwered my own question. No need for your input!

:P

- Eyal Yanilov.

- Bruce Lee

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Spain finally released its squad for the tournament:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Reina, Valdés.

Defenders: Ramos, Arbeloa, Albiol, Piqué, Javi Martínez, Jordi Alba, Juanfran..

Midfielders: Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta, Silva, Mata, Cazorla, Navas

Strikers: Torres, Llorente, Negredo, Pedro.

My guess for the 1st XI is:

Casillas - Arbeloa, Ramos, Piqué, Alba - Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi - Iniesta, Silva, Torres

Zanza

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2012, 11:38:13 AM
Quote from: Cecil on May 22, 2012, 11:32:37 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2012, 11:25:06 AM
While Ukraine is not a pretty place, I wouldn't necessarily consider thugs beating each other up to be a human rights abuse - unless there is something about this picture I do not get.

Well you might have heard that the gay pride march in Kiev got cancelled due to the police couldnt guarantee their safety. One of the leading gay rights organizations front man Svyatoslav Sheremet was going to tell the rest of the people going to march that whole deal was cancelled and they better pack up and go home. He never got there. This happened in front of the Reuters camera.

Oh I didn't know that.  :Embarrass:
Guess it didn't make the Advocate, eh?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.