D: Sweden
0 (0%)
D: France
1 (2.1%)
D: England
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Valmy

There are New York Giant fans in the Ukraine?  Horrifying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Cecil on May 22, 2012, 11:05:14 AM
Well be happy you arent in the Ukraine. With the EC coming to town the media have published some rather ugly stories from there.
It's giving the football family chance to practice PR about human rights abuses before the Russian and Qatari World Cups :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Cecil

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 22, 2012, 11:14:02 AM
Well be happy you arent in the Ukraine. With the EC coming to town the media have published some rather ugly stories from there.
It's giving the football family chance to practice PR about human rights abuses before the Russian and Qatari World Cups :lol:

Gods....I had totally forgotten about that. I suppose there are no limits to the lows these organizations are willing to sink.

Martinus

While Ukraine is not a pretty place, I wouldn't necessarily consider thugs beating each other up to be a human rights abuse - unless there is something about this picture I do not get.

Richard Hakluyt

It certainly depicts an abuse of fashion.......and I'm a scruffy middle-aged Englishman, it must be truly appalling for the more fashionable folk  :hmm:

Cecil

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2012, 11:25:06 AM
While Ukraine is not a pretty place, I wouldn't necessarily consider thugs beating each other up to be a human rights abuse - unless there is something about this picture I do not get.

Well you might have heard that the gay pride march in Kiev got cancelled due to the police couldnt guarantee their safety. One of the leading gay rights organizations front man Svyatoslav Sheremet was going to tell the rest of the people going to march that whole deal was cancelled and they better pack up and go home. He never got there. This happened in front of the Reuters camera.

Syt

I look forward to the inevitable mud slinging between Geman BILD "Newspaper" and Polish FAKT . . . which are incidently owned by the same publisher.

Honi soit qui mal y pense.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Cecil on May 22, 2012, 11:32:37 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2012, 11:25:06 AM

Well you might have heard that the gay pride march in Kiev got cancelled due to the police couldnt guarantee their safety. One of the leading gay rights organizations front man Svyatoslav Sheremet was going to tell the rest of the people going to march that whole deal was cancelled and they better pack up and go home. He never got there. This happened in front of the Reuters camera.

Oh I didn't know that.  :Embarrass:

Martinus

But if this happened in front of the Reuters camera, what were the Reuters cameramen doing? Surely a few people could beat off 3 skinny thugs???

Richard Hakluyt

Indeed, if that is the actual incident then I reckon I could take the guy in yellow. I'd assumed this was some random pic from the arse-end of town.

Cecil

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2012, 11:41:02 AM
But if this happened in front of the Reuters camera, what were the Reuters cameramen doing? Surely a few people could beat off 3 skinny thugs???

Supposedly there were 15 guys. I guess not everyone made it into the picture. Also there were several hundred more nearby.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2012, 11:41:02 AM
Press don't intervene.
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2012, 11:32:50 AM
I look forward to the inevitable mud slinging between Geman BILD "Newspaper" and Polish FAKT . . . which are incidently owned by the same publisher.

Honni soit qui mal y pense.

Fixed it for you
:P

Pedrito

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 22, 2012, 11:14:02 AM
qatar world cup  :x

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 22, 2012, 09:33:35 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 22, 2012, 07:30:12 AM
I'm picking Germany to win it and rooting against the English.
How is England worth rooting against? :blink:

Personally I'm rooting against John Terry.

I enjoy watching the teeth-gnashing from the English press when their brave lads "underperform." Good entertainment for this 'Murrican.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.