0 (0%)
D: France
1 (2.1%)
D: England
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2012, 05:42:09 AM
I have no idea what shape the teams are right now but my predictor of group winners are:

Greece
Czech Rep.
Germany
Portugal
Spain
Italy
France
England

I used to root for the Dutch but I recently hate them for being anti-Polish xenophobes and rolling down on pot for tourists, so fuck you. I think this year I'm rooting for Portugal because Ronaldo is dreamy and I don't really care for any other team.

Since when do you care for football?

Josephus

I think Spain's on a decline, whereas Germany's on the ascendency. I pick Germany.

But maybe because no one's giving England a chance, maybe they'll finally win. :bowler:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

I'm picking Germany to win it and rooting against the English.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 22, 2012, 07:30:12 AM
I'm picking Germany to win it and rooting against the English.
How is England worth rooting against? :blink:

Personally I'm rooting against John Terry.
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Go England!

I don't know anything specific. Soccer needs more hitting.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2012, 08:57:31 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2012, 08:14:50 AM
Valmy shall be blessing the heroic Spaniards.

I'm so sorry Larch.

I am sorry but the very ground on which I stand was once part of Spain.  Patriotism demands I back the nation that gloriously attempted to bring civilization to Texas (a still ongoing project).
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2012, 09:45:12 AM

I am sorry but the very ground on which I stand was once part of Spain.  Patriotism demands I back the nation that gloriously attempted to bring civilization to Texas (a still ongoing project).

Mexico isn't playing.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on May 22, 2012, 10:06:25 AM
Mexico isn't playing.

Meh Texas was only part of Mexico for 26 years.  We barely had all the flags changed before we were taking them down.

But you know if Mexico was playing I would probably back my southern neighbors.

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 22, 2012, 05:55:23 AM
What was the anti-Polish stuff from the Dutch?  Not heard of this :mellow:

Xenophobic attacks on immigrants, mainly from Poland, including a few cases of beatings and arson. This is done with support of the Wilders' guy party, which started a "report Polish immigrants for being noisy or littering" website which created quite a diplomatic row between Poland and the Netherlands because the Dutch prime minister refused to condemn the website. This has actually earned the Dutch a condemning resolution from the European Parliament and has been widely reported here.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on May 22, 2012, 06:45:54 AM
I have no idea what shape the teams are right now but my predictor of group winners are:

Greece
Czech Rep.
Germany
Portugal
Spain
Italy
France
England

I used to root for the Dutch but I recently hate them for being anti-Polish xenophobes and rolling down on pot for tourists, so fuck you. I think this year I'm rooting for Portugal because Ronaldo is dreamy and I don't really care for any other team.

I don't but considering Warsaw is about to be overrun by football fans I can either whine about it or pretend I care.

Fortunately, I will be away for a week (Gran Canaria holidays) so hopefully this will not affect me too much.

Cecil

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2012, 10:56:10 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 22, 2012, 06:45:54 AM

Greece
Czech Rep.
Germany
Portugal
Spain
Italy
France
England

I don't but considering Warsaw is about to be overrun by football fans I can either whine about it or pretend I care.

Fortunately, I will be away for a week (Gran Canaria holidays) so hopefully this will not affect me too much.

Well be happy you arent in the Ukraine. With the EC coming to town the media have published some rather ugly stories from there.

Not Cecil approved.  :mad: