News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

I don't see how it matters if something is communicated through Twitter or some other way. Twitter is just a tool. US policy is communicated through Twitter, ignore that at your peril.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on March 06, 2018, 02:52:27 AM
I don't see how it matters if something is communicated through Twitter or some other way. Twitter is just a tool. US policy is communicated through Twitter, ignore that at your peril.

That's not true, Trump's staff and cabinet ignore his tweets until he backs them up with solid instructions.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 06, 2018, 04:09:49 AM
Quote from: The Brain on March 06, 2018, 02:52:27 AM

That's not true, Trump's staff and cabinet ignore his tweets until he backs them up with solid instructions.

When the POTUS is say threatening other countries with nuclear war on Twitter the US isn't actually threatening nuclear war? Good to know, and I'm sure everyone sees it that way.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on March 06, 2018, 02:43:00 AM
I think that's an important general point.If we manage to avoid eradicating ourselves as a species for the time being, people in time will learn to handle social media like they used to handle some bloke in the pub telling them something - sure, some people would take the story for granted, but most would keep at least some level of scepticism until they heard the same thing for a news source they trusted.

The problem with that analogy is that people have other sources of information apart from the bloke in the pub.  One dominant source of information is becoming social media.  And so, in your analogy, people would have to stop spending most of their time talking to that bloke.

derspiess

Also, as I mentioned, the "bloke in the pub" is an actual news anchor in this case. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on March 06, 2018, 01:04:08 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2018, 09:58:07 PM
Anyway Jake, my daughter is going on 7 and my son is 10.

May they continue to bring you joy :cheers:

Yep, thanks.  To get my daughter to go to bed at an earlier time, I had to agree to watch High School Musical 1, 2, *and* three with her this week.  God help me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2018, 03:15:27 PM
Also, as I mentioned, the "bloke in the pub" is an actual news anchor in this case.

Doesn't mean he's not drunk and talking out of his ass.

garbon

I'm confused as to an industry where there aren't mistakes. Also I'm confused as to why people would regularly subject themselves to twitter.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2018, 03:15:27 PM

I am aware but how he carelessly made the error is pretty obvious. If there had been an actual report or story on that subject people would have done research.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2018, 03:18:10 PM
Yep, thanks.  To get my daughter to go to bed at an earlier time, I had to agree to watch High School Musical 1, 2, *and* three with her this week.  God help me.

:lol:

You can use them later for karaoke...

Grey Fox

Just be glad it was the original english & not a dub.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

:D

Valmy

Now you will know what those crazy kids thought was cool ten years ago. Just kidding those were never cool.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Sadly Zack Efron's career seems to have flourished.

Ed Anger

I use children's Benadryl to calm my kids down.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive