News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Rush Limbaugh has lung cancer.

Started by Barrister, February 03, 2020, 06:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

He was primarily spreading a message of greed rather than hate.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 04, 2020, 07:37:20 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 04, 2020, 07:20:51 PM
Nobody deserves cancer, but some are far more undeserving than others.  Those who made $500 million spreading hate and intolerance are probably not high up on the undeserving list.

He ceased being the only one decades ago. Many of the guys who followed him were far worse.

I thought he was at least entertaining in the 1980s before Clinton made him go insane.

He doesn't sound like he was much better in the late 80s when his show went national.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

I figured this guy would be out of commission already, but he seemed to be on the air today. Maybe he's skipping the rads and chemo?

He's raised an absolute fuckton of money for cancer research over the years for leukemia and lymphoma. The wrong kind of cancers in his case.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

If I was in his position I would skip it.  After seeing what it did to my dad and the fact it only got him an extra few weeks - my personal judgment would be it's not worth it.

Barrister

I believe he's going through chemo and working part-time.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Yeah that is the kind of crazy shit that has been his show the past 25 or so years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Oexmelin

It was apparently too much to hope that this piece of shit would focus on his cancer.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Razgovory

He makes it very difficult not to root for the cancer.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

So glad he received my nation's highest civilian honor.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

From Trump. That's an asterisk for sure.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?