And we're back!

Main Menu

NATO Summit protest MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, May 20, 2012, 06:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 20, 2012, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2012, 06:24:31 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why there are so many protesters there bitching about climate change, starvation and all other sorts of bullshit that has absolutely nothing to do with a multinational military alliance based on collective security and mutual defense.   :huh:

You were singing a different tune when these clowns were camping out in lower Manhattan.  :lol:

That's different.  NATO > Wall Street.

My revolutionary brothers and sisters are barking up the wrong tree this weekend.

CountDeMoney

I mean, look at that photo Citizen K posted;  WTF is a rainbow cocksucker flag doing there, and what's it got to do with NATO?

Ed Anger

That photo needs a cluster munition opening up above their heads.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Fuck em. Reactivate them and stop loss them to HELL.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

National Nurses United, a coalition of nurses unions that held a rally earlier Friday in Chicago calling for a transaction tax on Wall Street.

WTF HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH MULTINATIONAL COMSEC/TRANSEC VLF INTEGRATION, LADIES

My guess would be that in part the summit provides visibility for their protests, even though NATO has little or nothing to do directly with their issues/causes.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2012, 07:37:25 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why there are so many protesters there bitching about climate change, starvation and all other sorts of bullshit that has absolutely nothing to do with a multinational military alliance based on collective security and mutual defense.   :huh:

You were singing a different tune when these clowns were camping out in lower Manhattan.  :lol:

My revolutionary brothers and sisters are barking up the wrong tree this weekend.

:nelson:  Gotta take the, erm, bad with the bad.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Soldiers do not have the right to give medals back. They represent recognition by the government on behalf of the people they represent. To hand that medal back is to spit in the eye of every American man, woman, and child.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2012, 08:23:05 PM

Don't you know it, Rush.  :P

11B4V

Time for the "Wood Shampoo"

Let the ass beatings comence.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2012, 08:23:05 PM

They usually do bark up the wrong tree. :lol:

Here come da pain

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Aren't those the same helmets they wore when they had to crack some hippie heads in '68?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.