News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Timelapse Map of European History

Started by Jacob, May 15, 2012, 11:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I haven't thought of Centennia in years. I loved how they wanted to charge so much for it. I think it was Fate who helped people get a full version with all the features.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Had to watch it on my phone since Youtube is blocked at work.  Kinda freaked me out since it went so fast and I didn't have time to mentally reference what was occurring in most places.  Pretty cool, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Quote from: garbon on May 15, 2012, 02:49:19 PM
I haven't thought of Centennia in years. I loved how they wanted to charge so much for it. I think it was Fate who helped people get a full version with all the features.
Good old Centennia. Kain gave me a version. i lost it long ago. didn't know it was a pay for thing.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on May 15, 2012, 03:33:38 PM
Good old Centennia. Kain gave me a version. i lost it long ago. didn't know it was a pay for thing.

http://www.clockwk.com/p1.asp?x=1u

QuoteThe price for a single-user license of Centennia (full-access code) is $79 plus shipping and handling. Additional copies/licenses are available at a significant discount. Get a second copy for only $50 more. We also offer site license pricing and group rate pricing options.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

79 bucks? what the hell. it's a cool little program, but not 79 dollars worth.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Jacob

Centennia?

garbon

Did you not look at your link? It says under the video that the software was Centennia - that's what they used to make it.

Josquius

Wow, thats crazy expensive, especially since it seems to be only 3mb. :s
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Wow, that diamond is crazy expensive, especially since it seems to be only half inch across.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on May 15, 2012, 07:34:19 PM
Did you not look at your link? It says under the video that the software was Centennia - that's what they used to make it.

I just looked at the pretty video  :)

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on May 16, 2012, 03:49:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 15, 2012, 07:34:19 PM

I just looked at the pretty video  :)

Oh. :)

Wasn't pretty to me a decade or so later. Graphics didn't hold up well. :P

garbon

Quote from: sbr on May 16, 2012, 08:24:09 AM
Wow, that diamond is crazy expensive, especially since it seems to be only half inch across.

Centennia is a diamond?

sbr

Quote from: garbon on May 16, 2012, 04:53:40 PM
Quote from: sbr on May 16, 2012, 08:24:09 AM

Centennia is a diamond?

I don't think so but basing price on size is pretty silly.