News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 13, 2012, 02:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Tried the demo for this while I'm waiting for my other comp to finish reloading the OS. (So I can get back to Razorcrypts).

The game basically appears to be Master of Magic on the Civ V engine. Got it on steam. I didn't realize it was a Paradox thing until I saw the logo splash.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Played the demo some, got the game. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 13, 2012, 02:41:51 PM
(So I can get back to Razorcrypts).

The world demands to know what P Dwarf H is up to.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

I also picked it up and played for a bit yesterday. For EUR 20 it seems a good deal so far. It's very focused on combat.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

JonasSalk

The demo was neat, but didn't seem like enough to hold my interest for long. It's basically Master of Magic (which is still one of my favorite games of all time) in Civ5 engine. The only downside is the combat isn't like MoM. You don't have a hero and his/her individual units all grouped together and then have a mini-battle separate from the game map. I don't like some of the mechanics, like towns shooting the shit out of my guys from a couple of squares away like they did in Civ5. Other than that it's pretty good. I might buy it when the price drops, even though $20 is already a good price.
Yuman