Too Big To Learn A Lesson: JP Morgan Assfucks Itself

Started by CountDeMoney, May 11, 2012, 11:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on May 11, 2012, 03:12:23 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 11, 2012, 01:53:39 PM
Plus the regulators don't know shit about it.
wich is why making rules based on these people's advice is the worst possible scenario.

Which is why the SEC needs to be swept under the Department of Justice as an interdepartmental branch of the FBI.

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 11, 2012, 03:41:13 PM
wich is why making rules based on these people's advice is the worst possible scenario.

Which is why the SEC needs to be swept under the Department of Justice as an interdepartmental branch of the FBI.

You can sweep it whereever you want, but it will never be effective at anything with its current budget. The last I saw it was a bit under $1 billion, and a lot of its work is coming up with and revising regulations. There is no way it can police US markets worth $10s of trillions with its current size.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadImmortalMan

S&P put JP Morgan on downgrade watch.

New nickname for the JPM CIO department in the financial news biz: Fail Whale  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

KRonn

Another idiot firm, too fail to be so big!  I wonder how these massive firms get past the monopoly rules? I guess there are many firms as big so it's not a monopoly? So many still to fail....   ;)

Neil

I hate those steroid-abusing, recruiting-cheating bastards as much as anybody, but what does the FBI know about college football?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: KRonn on May 11, 2012, 07:48:11 PM
Another idiot firm, too fail to be so big!  I wonder how these massive firms get past the monopoly rules? I guess there are many firms as big so it's not a monopoly? So many still to fail....   ;)
If a company is worth 200 billion, but the financial market is worth a hundred times that, they're probably not a monopoly.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on May 11, 2012, 06:05:26 PM

You can sweep it whereever you want, but it will never be effective at anything with its current budget. The last I saw it was a bit under $1 billion, and a lot of its work is coming up with and revising regulations. There is no way it can police US markets worth $10s of trillions with its current size.

No, it has no budget, and staffing smaller than the EEOC.  It needs to be yuuuge.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 11, 2012, 08:18:54 PM
I've gotten myself assfucked.

And we know it didn't cost that much, either.  You whore.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 11, 2012, 08:22:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 11, 2012, 08:18:54 PM
I've gotten myself assfucked.

And we know it didn't cost that much, either.  You whore.

It wasn't too big for me to learn a lesson. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

KRonn

Quote from: Neil on May 11, 2012, 08:09:45 PM
Quote from: KRonn on May 11, 2012, 07:48:11 PM
If a company is worth 200 billion, but the financial market is worth a hundred times that, they're probably not a monopoly.
Well, they're still too big given the hit they make on other banks, people and the economy when they crap themselves. Too big to fail indeed. Too fail to be so big is more like it.

MadImmortalMan

Still, the losses on this if they happen will be nowhere big enough to cause JPM to fail. It's like 1/35 of their annual revenue.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Jaron

As if to make matters worse for them, I closed my account at Chase bank today.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

KRonn

Quote from: Jaron on May 11, 2012, 09:23:09 PM
As if to make matters worse for them, I closed my account at Chase bank today.
That was probably the straw that broke the JPM camel's back!!