And we're back!

Main Menu

How the Greek rescue failed

Started by Sheilbh, May 10, 2012, 10:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 18, 2012, 07:51:06 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 18, 2012, 07:47:14 PM
Yeah.  I think many Euro countries do a statutory minimum per month for full time workers rather than an hourly rate.

So what happens with part time workers?
I don't know :mellow:

I've found an EU briefing paper on it that lists the countries by system (Spain and Greece are monthly or daily rate) but I've no idea how they cover part-time workers.  Presumably as fraction of the working day/month? :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Scipio

Read Yanis Varoufakis's blog.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ideologue

Quote from: Zanza on June 18, 2012, 01:11:55 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 17, 2012, 07:05:48 PMIf I can afford either I will :)
Just borrow the money and spend it. That's the way out of this economic crisis!

The irony being that it is?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 18, 2012, 08:03:00 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 18, 2012, 07:51:06 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 18, 2012, 07:47:14 PM
Yeah.  I think many Euro countries do a statutory minimum per month for full time workers rather than an hourly rate.

So what happens with part time workers?
I don't know :mellow:

I've found an EU briefing paper on it that lists the countries by system (Spain and Greece are monthly or daily rate) but I've no idea how they cover part-time workers.  Presumably as fraction of the working day/month? :mellow:

It's like that, the proportional part if they're not full time workers.

There's little point with it, as barely anyone makes minimum wage. You can't live with that.

Richard Hakluyt

Yes. If you take the UK minimum wage and assume a 40-hour week then it comes to 1300 euros, which actually helped some people and didn't seem to have much effect on unemployment.