News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Play my HC as the event, move Don John 4r4m to Szigetvar.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Tamas, just out of curiosity, do they make "Reply All" buttons in Hungary?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote#14: 1 / Signal Fires [RESPONSE]

Message from France:
For CP :

1/1 - Remove unrest in Rouen.

Will expend a 5 CP treasure to extend my impulse.

1/5 - Naval move. Ville. to Antilles, le Testu to Mexican Coast.
2-3/5 - Pirate Antilles.

The fortress missed Ville. by a hair.  Ville. then got a hit against the Spaniards.

Will pause to see what the Spanish give me (choice of a card or a VP).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

:(  Unfortunately, le Testu manages to lose his way somewhere in South Pacific and his expedition is lost for good.  Bastard probably retired somewhere in Japan.

My last CP purchased a level of influence with the Papacy.

Garbon's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Back to Tamas, then.  May I recommend you build troops somewhere that might actually see action?  You know, like Buda?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Oh, I don't know, there is a non-zero chance that Istanbul might see some action...

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Possible, but unlikely.  You certainly have a chance to get all the way there with how many cards you have, but I don't think you're going to leave Buda ungarrisoned after you take it.

Tamas's best play right now is to pass and see how the dice roll in Buda.  Worst-case scenario, you take Buda and proceed to Istanbul.  At that point, he sorties his fleet to the Aegean Sea and ensures you can't take any more of his keys.

If you get lucky, you might be able to take both Buda and Belgrade, but I don't see that happening.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Operations

#23: 3 / German Recruitment Curtailed

Message from Spain:
2/3: Remove unrest in Barcelona and Seville
3/3: Jon and his stack to Buda

0 rows returned

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Message
Home card for CPs :

1-4/5 - Patronize Rousard.
5/5 - Raise a mercenary in Paris.

Unless shit goes down in France, I will be passing the rest of the turn.

Off to Garbon (who could be nice and tell us whether he's passing the rest of the turn or not).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

as a general thing for the time I'll be asleep, I will not play my last card until Berkut decides to pretend he has a navy and goes for Istanbul.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on June 06, 2012, 02:37:17 PM
as a general thing for the time I'll be asleep, I will not play my last card until Berkut decides to pretend he has a navy and goes for Istanbul.

Assuming Garbon passes, we're about to see a flurry of plays from Berkut, so...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

yeah would be nice to run through the rest of the turn while I am here.

Habbaku

Spain needs a -1 card marker for use of Genoese Bankers added to their power sheet, by the way.

-J. R. R. Tolkien