News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Seriously, though, it's pretty absurd that Tamas doesn't just leave his move instructions with someone he trusts.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

ok guys, Drakken has like a 15 minutes window per day when he is able to post, and I get the flak?

Anyways, here is my play:

#30: 3 / Ruler Falls Ill

Message from Ottoman:
I'll have Drakken discard his last remaining card please.

Habbaku

Drakken gets enough flak over faking reading the rules.  I'll give him a pass on his time, because at least when he does make his plays, he's prompt in responses and posts when the rest of us are around.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Card discarded.

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Discard Card
#75: 2 / The Lost Colony [MANDATORY]

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Card discarded by Tamas' card play.

Berkut

PLay Nostradamus in my ongoing effort to get every card in the deck into my hand at some point this turn.

I draw 2, then discard 1. No file.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 06, 2012, 01:39:22 AM
Drakken gets enough flak over faking reading the rules.  I'll give him a pass on his time, because at least when he does make his plays, he's prompt in responses and posts when the rest of us are around.

Maybe though it seems unfair to call out Tamas when we're losing the bulk of a day because of Drak.  Not that I mind the time that either of them take.

I believe were up to you now?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Drakken gets enough flak over faking reading the rules. 

:rolleyes:

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on June 06, 2012, 08:34:44 AM
Drakken gets enough flak over faking reading the rules. 

:rolleyes:

In contrast, I do my best to double-check the rules on my plays. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2012, 08:39:48 AM
In contrast, I do my best to double-check the rules on my plays. :P

So do I (when I can), but the rules were/are rather arcane to me, even after the first read. Only by playing (and being corrected when I do wrong) do I grasp the rules of these games, which IHMO is not the hallmark of being written for a common people, non-boardgaming audience with next to no prior experience in this type of game.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2012, 08:29:41 AM
Maybe though it seems unfair to call out Tamas when we're losing the bulk of a day because of Drak. 

No kidding. I understand Drakken's time limitations and accept them, but let's not single me out as the main delayer :P

Solmyr

The rules seem pretty straightforward to me. :huh:

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 06, 2012, 08:13:20 AM
PLay Nostradamus in my ongoing effort to get every card in the deck into my hand at some point this turn.

I draw 2, then discard 1. No file.

:lol: I love this turn of yours. Ridicoulous with all these card drawing and customizing. I would love it even more if we weren't at war.

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on June 06, 2012, 09:03:52 AM
Maybe though it seems unfair to call out Tamas when we're losing the bulk of a day because of Drak. 

No kidding. I understand Drakken's time limitations and accept them, but let's not single me out as the main delayer :P

I'm the main delayer, Tamas. I don't have access to CB 24 hours a day.

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on June 06, 2012, 09:14:11 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 06, 2012, 09:03:52 AM

I'm the main delayer, Tamas. I don't have access to CB 24 hours a day.

Until recently, most of my moves were made without access.  Actually that's largely only changed because you take your impulses in the evening when I'm back at home. :D

Berkut

I was actually talking about Jeromey - his being on 20something no school sleep till noon everyday time is what is really slowing us down.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned