Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 04, 2012, 09:28:40 PM
Drakken, can you please stop moving every unit under the sun when you make your files?  If you drag and drop a box over a group, you can see what's in the space.  If you have OCD, please say so and ignore this plea.

And if he doesn't like that, he could just cancel his current recording. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2012, 09:29:09 PM
Yeah, I'm sure with 10 cards left in your hand + your home card, I'm sure you were planning to just let the Netherlands remain in my hands. :rolleyes:

Actually should have said slip as I've been causing unrest for you since turn one. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2012, 09:34:42 PM
Yeah, I'm sure with 10 cards left in your hand + your home card, I'm sure you were planning to just let the Netherlands remain in my hands. :rolleyes:

Actually should have said slip as I've been causing unrest for you since turn one. :P

Sure, but that is expected when the unrest is a direct result of your own need to convert and all that.

Just reaching out to play a card to screw me for no reason is a different thing entirely.

I was actually very much planning on leaving you alone and concentrating on crushing the other person who just rabidly attacked me for no reason.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on June 04, 2012, 09:54:00 PM

Sure, but that is expected when the unrest is a direct result of your own need to convert and all that.

Just reaching out to play a card to screw me for no reason is a different thing entirely.

I was actually very much planning on leaving you alone and concentrating on crushing the other person who just rabidly attacked me for no reason.

If that's the case, then the minor damage I caused shouldn't deter you from your pre-planned course. You know, thinking about it rationally and all. ;)

Shade

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2012, 10:34:14 PM

If that's the case, then the minor damage I caused shouldn't deter you from your pre-planned course. You know, thinking about it rationally and all. ;)

FINISH HIM!!!  :menace:

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2012, 10:34:14 PM

Oh no, clearly the rational course is to discourage other players from randomly attacking me for no reason.

0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on June 04, 2012, 10:47:00 PM
Oh no, clearly the rational course is to discourage other players from randomly attacking me for no reason.

With you, there's always a reason.  :D

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on June 04, 2012, 10:47:00 PM

If you say so. :lol:

Habbaku

Just look at the example he's made of the Ottomans so far!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Tamas

Playing the other Ottoman home card for 5CPs, Dragut sailed out with the smaller half of the ottoman navy, still in port. He scored two VPs from raping and pillaging the Spanish ports of Southern Italy (thanks Berk!), but got so exhausted he went home for rehab (Berk played the anti-Dragut card. He is returning next turn).

The now leaderless fleet (thanks Habs!) merged along the Barbary Coast and launched yet another port attack on the smaller Spanish fleet. In a close victory, Ottomans lost two galleys to the Spanish 3, effectively eliminating the Spanish threat on the North African coast, at least for a single turn (Spaniards have no more ships to build, and just one remaining on the map).

Berkut

The Spanish Treasure fleet appears in the North Atlantic, where nobody is around to raid it, so it gets two treasures home.

Play the 2 CPs to build a couple mercs in Spain.

Then play one of my treasures to draw an extra card.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 05, 2012, 02:12:14 AM

Then play one of my treasures to draw an extra card.

phew! for a moment, I thought your hand would go below 9 cards!