News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

That should set us off, then.  We'll wait on Drakken to officially begin, of course, but otherwise people should feel free to engage in diplomacy.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

I will set up CB at home tonight.

When I played PoG with Berkut I could send moves from my workplace at the time, but now it is impossible. So I will be sending my moves on evenings, Eastern time.

As for my secret choice of religious preference do I keep it to myself, or I send it to Habbaku?

Habbaku

It is not absolutely vital that you send your moves via CB, but it is encouraged.  For the sake of quickness, though, if it's possible for you to make your play via your smartphone/ACTS (like I, Berkut and Ulmont do), that is far better than waiting until you're capable of sending a file.  The person after you can always incorporate your actions in their file.

That being said, one play/24 hours (when it's your turn, anyway) is all that's expected.  Play whenever's convenient for you so long as you're actively playing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on May 18, 2012, 01:35:05 PM
As for my secret choice of religious preference do I keep it to myself, or I send it to Habbaku?

When it's time to make that religious choice, CB actually has an easy way of keeping track of it.  One of the drop-down trays labeled 'HRE Religious Preference' has three chits--one for each option.  When you need to make the choice, take the appropriate chit from that tray and move it to the tray marked 'HRE Hand'.

When necessary, you'll then move the chit from your hand to the board, right-click on the chit and hit 'Release Ownership', then flip the chit by hitting 'Turn Piece Over'.  Voila.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

I don't have a smartphone, only the computer at work and at home.

Drakken

Allright, CB is set on my home PC. I can see the map and all.

Interface is pretty confusing so far, but I'll manage. I'll probably need a hand with learning to play in the first turns of the game, but as Berkut may attest I'm a fast learner. Gimme a day to read the whole rulebook, and we can start.

Drakken

I'm ready to start. In any case I have had the rule booklet printed for reference, if I need it.

Tamas

If anyone I haven't talked to wants to make a deal regarding some cardplays, let me know, otherwise I am ready to close off the negotiations segment whenever.

Drakken

I'm still waiting for replies to my replies to the diplomatic offers I have received.

Should we set a deadline?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on May 21, 2012, 04:32:53 PM
I'm still waiting for replies to my replies to the diplomatic offers I have received.

Should we set a deadline?

Traditionally, we just wait until we have a quorum, with a deadline being necessary if we expect some people are just not paying attention.  That shouldn't be the case, though, so...

Tamas and I are done with diplomacy.  The rest have yet to report in.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Drakken