News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bismark: The Final Countdown

Started by jimmy olsen, May 05, 2012, 12:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

The Bismark should avoid the Jutland battle, steam to the nearest German port, the commanders race to Berlin, and tell the Kaiser how WWI turned out. 

lustindarkness

I would prefer to think: What if the Bismark shows up during the American Civil War and sides with the south?

ACW hijacking, ha!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

Sorry, the Bismarck has no experience with dino cavalry.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 06, 2012, 10:17:58 AM
I would prefer to think: What if the Bismark shows up during the American Civil War and sides with the south?

ACW hijacking, ha!
Better yet sides with the Persians at the Battle of Salamis.
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 06, 2012, 10:55:29 AM

Unless Ancient Greece is considered part of "the West," I don't think it would make a difference.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Okay, I'll risk the massive loss of respect from you guys and wade into this Nerd off.  When exactly is the ship going back?  In the middle of the battle of Jutland?  A couple of days before?  What?  Also, wouldn't the knowledge of the written history of the battle be even more valuable?  The Germans would know what the order of battle would be, how it was deployed, and some of the capabilities of the ships.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on May 06, 2012, 12:07:28 PM

Unless Ancient Greece is considered part of "the West," I don't think it would make a difference.
What if the Bismark had appeared in the Rhine and sided with the Germanics against Rome?
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 06, 2012, 02:18:47 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 06, 2012, 12:07:28 PM

What if the Bismark had appeared in the Rhine and sided with the Germanics against Rome?

What if the Bismarck traveled to the future, and Lutjens punches Tim in the nuts?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on May 06, 2012, 02:03:51 PM
Okay, I'll risk the massive loss of respect from you guys and wade into this Nerd off.  When exactly is the ship going back?  In the middle of the battle of Jutland?  A couple of days before?  What? 

lol, you're right:  Timmay's little premise didn't say the Bismarck would show up 2 days before the Battle of Jutland, landing off the coast of Madagascar.  :lol:

Darth Wagtaros

So imagine the effect on history if the Bismark had been taken by the Ethiopians and used to repel the Italian invasion.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 06, 2012, 03:18:09 PM
So imagine the effect on history if the Bismark had been taken by the Ethiopians and used to repel the Italian invasion.

Kinda tough to mount a battleship onto a camel, man.

Fireblade

WHAT IF AN ENTIRE FLEET OF INCAN TORPEDO BOATS ARMED WITH 15" GUNS AND NUCLEAR TIPPED SSBMS ARRIVE DURING THE PUNIC WARS AND SIDE WITH CARTHAGE  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 03:23:17 PM

Not one camel, but legions. 
PDH!

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 03:23:17 PM
Yeah, but it is possible to use them to break the fragile Italian supply lines, before it gets bombed and torpedoed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 03:06:10 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 06, 2012, 02:03:51 PM
Okay, I'll risk the massive loss of respect from you guys and wade into this Nerd off.  When exactly is the ship going back?  In the middle of the battle of Jutland?  A couple of days before?  What? 

lol, you're right:  Timmay's little premise didn't say the Bismarck would show up 2 days before the Battle of Jutland, landing off the coast of Madagascar.  :lol:
It arrives here.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point