Argentine Olympic advert calls Falklands "Argentine soil"

Started by Brazen, May 04, 2012, 06:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2012, 10:04:17 AM
Yeah but it took two devastating wars where we redrew the map of Europe twice to get it in such a pleasing shape.

I edited my post just to say that (plus an extra few genocides :P).

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 04, 2012, 10:04:17 AM
Yeah but it took two devastating wars where we redrew the map of Europe twice to get it in such a pleasing shape.

You can't make a perfectly circular omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Razgovory

Marty's idea that countries should be able to rule areas that are close to it has some merit.  The US should be able to annex Canada.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

There are any number of stupid little islands just south of the USA  :hmm:

Solmyr

Poland was ruled from Berlin once in history so far. That went really well.

alfred russel

What I don't follow is why Marty wants to give more territory for the Argentine government to control. Based on performance they should be in line for a reduction.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on May 04, 2012, 11:41:33 AM
What I don't follow is why Marty wants to give more territory for the Argentine government to control. Based on performance they should be in line for a reduction.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if Marty were a Spanish speaker who frequented an Argentine forum he would be arguing the exact opposite.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 04, 2012, 11:50:47 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 04, 2012, 11:41:33 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion that if Marty were a Spanish speaker who frequented an Argentine forum he would be arguing the exact opposite.

Are you accusing him of . . . trolling? Mart??? :o
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on May 04, 2012, 12:01:49 PM
Are you accusing him of . . . trolling? Mart??? :o

Not strictly speaking.  He very well could buy into his own narrative about heroically speaking unpopular trurths.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Is Euro sympathy toward Argentina re: 'Malvinas' a lefty thing?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2012, 12:29:10 PM

Marty is just an idiot.

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on May 04, 2012, 12:29:10 PM

Even the rabidly leftist folks on Austrian DerStandard forums don't support the Argentinians on this.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

JonasSalk

One of these days, mighty Canada will finally retrieve Saint Pierre and Miquelon from the vile French oppressors from far across the Impassable Ocean of the Atlantic. God Wills It™.
Yuman