Yes (USA)
25 (37.9%)
Yes (ROTW)
14 (21.2%)
No (USA)
13 (19.7%)
No (ROTW)
14 (21.2%)
I never leave my basement, and I have internet here (worldwide)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 64

11B4V

Quote from: HVC on May 04, 2012, 08:31:49 AM
I've been to two strip clubs. A seedier one and a high class one. didn't really like either experience. Although at the seedier one i had the very awkward experience of seeing a friends sister who i saw grow up. i had to leave lol

Was she decent looking?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

lustindarkness

I have seen beer bottles sucked up off the floor, I have seen ping pong balls shot out, I have seen smoke rings come out, I have even seen some pretty girls that actually knew how to dance. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 04, 2012, 12:03:25 PM
I have seen beer bottles sucked up off the floor, I have seen ping pong balls shot out, I have seen smoke rings come out, I have even seen some pretty girls that actually knew how to dance. :)

I'm imagining that being said by Rutger Hauer towards the end of Bladerunner  :cool:

HVC

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 04, 2012, 08:35:22 AM
I've been to two strip clubs. A seedier one and a high class one. didn't really like either experience. Although at the seedier one i had the very awkward experience of seeing a friends sister who i saw grow up. i had to leave lol
Why, was your friend with you?
Hah, no. though that would have been interesting too. It was just weird. Seeing this girl i knew most of her life up on stage being oogled
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: 11B4V on May 04, 2012, 11:27:36 AM

Was she decent looking?
Beautiful girl. and smart enough not to be be a dancer. But she fucked up her life, and it started there.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Malthus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 04, 2012, 12:07:22 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on May 04, 2012, 12:03:25 PM

I'm imagining that being said by Rutger Hauer towards the end of Bladerunner  :cool:

:lol:

The best laugh I've had all day.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Now imagine Morgan freeman saying it.  It's a fun game :P

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on May 02, 2012, 02:13:32 PM
But what about the patrons? Is it entertainment for lowlife scum or acceptable for middle class peeps?
In Quebec, it's both.
You do have guys who would spend their days and/or nights there, along with other more casual clients.
There are also high end places for "gentleman" and thrash stuff for low life prostitutes with no teeth who apparently give the best blowjobs  :ph34r:

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 02, 2012, 02:26:40 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 02, 2012, 01:50:31 PM
So, my (admitedly incomplete) perception through anecdotes and the media is that strip/gentlemen clubs are way more accepted and/or legit in the States than anywhere else.

Son, you need to come to Vancouver to see a real strip club.
I disagree.  Every hockey players knows it's either Montreal (island) or Quebec city.  It's actually the reason why the Canadiens are better at home than on the road, the other teams' players spend their night at the strip clubs when they visit :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 02, 2012, 02:31:42 PM
edit: but what is the big deal with women patrons.  Those have always been allowed here.
are you sure about that?  Wasn't there a time - way before I was born-, that there were "taverns" forbidden to women?  There used to be a theater show about such a tavern from the old time, very popular in Quebec (Broue).  I figured that the very early strip clubs were for men only.  Come to think of it, I am unsure if there was a difference between a strip club and a brothel in the 50s/60s :unsure:

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on May 04, 2012, 01:17:24 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 02, 2012, 02:31:42 PM
edit: but what is the big deal with women patrons.  Those have always been allowed here.
are you sure about that?  Wasn't there a time - way before I was born-, that there were "taverns" forbidden to women?  There used to be a theater show about such a tavern from the old time, very popular in Quebec (Broue).  I figured that the very early strip clubs were for men only.  Come to think of it, I am unsure if there was a difference between a strip club and a brothel in the 50s/60s :unsure:

Yeah, back in the day I don't think women were allowed into any kind of bar.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2012, 02:35:05 PM
For whatever reason strip clubs are much more liberal in Canada than in the US (even though our alcohol rules are generally more strict).
Not for Quebec.  You can easily get alcohol while under 18 in Quebec.  You can easily sneak into any kind of clubs too without being asked for ID.  Well, it used to be that way. 
Anyway, in Ontario, no way I would enter without being 19.  And in the US, just forget about drinking while underage, even with your parents.  Never seen such an awkard attitude with alcohol. It's kinda prehistorical to be so crazy about it.
QuoteNo touching is about the only rule.
aren't 10$ dances (contact dance) allowed outside of Quebec?

You don't generally drop "oh I went to the peelers last night" in the middle of an office conversation. 
Yet, people will often go as part of post work activities.

Iormlund

I went once as part of a bachelor party.

In the end I had a lot of fun, but it was mostly from watching the reactions of my extremely drunk mates (not like I was in a better condition). I'm guessing that novelty effect would not last long, though, and while the girls were gorgeous the whole setting didn't exactly lead to arousal. So I don't see a reason for repeating the experience.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on May 04, 2012, 12:37:23 PM
Now imagine Morgan freeman saying it.  It's a fun game :P

Yeah, Morgan Freeman is my official Life Voiceover(tm).

Sometimes, it's Alec Baldwin, but usually it's Morgan Freeman.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.