And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2012 Draft: Teh Mega Thread!

Started by CountDeMoney, April 25, 2012, 09:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 03, 2012, 12:20:58 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 03, 2012, 12:15:53 PM
I'm sure he'll get cut in camp.  Batch is still a better player, and even then it doesn't matter since Roethlisberger will play no matter how crippled he is start limping and/or holding his arm whenever he has a bad game, and then proceed to whine to the media about how hurt he is.

FIXED

This.  And then some.

Valmy

Don't worry, Sergio Kindle will save the day.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on May 03, 2012, 12:20:58 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 03, 2012, 12:15:53 PM
I'm sure he'll get cut in camp.  Batch is still a better player, and even then it doesn't matter since Roethlisberger will play no matter how crippled he is start limping and/or holding his arm whenever he has a bad game, and then proceed to whine to the media about how hurt he is.
FIXED
It looked like his ankle was legitimately hurt in Cleveland.  Then again, your theory has something to it.  If he was legitimately damaged, then there's no way Tomlin could justify not taking him out, given what an investment he is.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on May 03, 2012, 01:01:18 PM
Don't worry, Sergio Kindle will save the day.
Kruger will take care of business.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on May 03, 2012, 11:52:52 AM
Meh.  The players knew what they were getting into.  It's a violent sport.

Every single lawyer must fucking hang.

Except they didn't.  Nobody ever told them "play pro football and you have an excellent chance of developing postconcussive syndrome with symptoms that mimic alzheimers".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

I think the NFL is going to be in a heap of trouble in the years to come as the science on concussions becomes more and more known.  If the evidence continues to show that it's not even concussions themselves, but the repeated sub-concussive blows to the head that lead to these problems football could start to look as barbaric as dog fighting.

Hockey has similar problems, but at least it seems that if the league was serious they could take out anything that might cause blows to the head and still be the same sport.  For the NFL to do so it would have to convert to touch football.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 03, 2012, 04:24:43 PM

Except they didn't.  Nobody ever told them "play pro football and you have an excellent chance of developing postconcussive syndrome with symptoms that mimic alzheimers".
But they did know that they were shortening their lifespans through drug abuse.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on May 03, 2012, 04:24:43 PM

I doubt any of them would have chosen differently had they been told that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I still think Tomlin looks like Omar Epps. HEY, HE'S ON HOUSE.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 03, 2012, 05:29:56 PM

They all look alike to you, don't they?  :mad:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 03, 2012, 05:35:31 PM

They all look alike to you, don't they?  :mad:

yes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Alcibiades

Welcome to 2007.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

jimmy olsen

Just came across some pretty disturbing stats.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/players-slowly-killing-themselves-119235029.html

Quote...

Next we were shown that Time Magazine had produced a story about football called The Most Dangerous Game, and the author, Sean Gregory, concluded that, "Men between the ages of 30 and 49 have a one in a thousand chance of being diagnosed with dementia, Alzheimers, or another memory related disease. An NFL retiree has a one in fifty-three chance of receiving the same diagnosis." This was around the moment in Las Vegas where a collective 'thunk' was heard as all of our jaws hit the floor. These are not CFL statistics, but you would have to be pretty naive to think that these facts do not apply to our game as well.

By this point, morale was already at an all time low at Planet Hollywood, but then, if you can imagine, things got worse as we were shown the findings by Michael Glueck M.D. and Robert Cihak M.D. who wrote, "It is not a widely disseminated, downloaded or discussed fact that the average life expectancy for all pro football players, including all positions and backgrounds, is 55 years. Several insurance carriers say it is 51 years." According to this math, if I can live for another 19 years I will be beating the average! (Insert false enthusiasm here.)

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point