News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2012 Draft: Teh Mega Thread!

Started by CountDeMoney, April 25, 2012, 09:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Hey the Texans signed Case Keenum.  Also some other UDFAs. 

E: These guys so far:

Desmond Marrow, FS, Toledo
Jerrell Jackson, SAF, Missouri
Shawn Loiseau, LB, Merrimack
DJ Bryant, DE, James Madison
Case Keenum, QB, Houston
Logan Brock, TE, TCU
Mario Louis, WR, Grambling St
Nate Menkin, OT, Mary Hardin-Baylor
Davin Meggett, RB, Maryland
Cody White, OT, Illinois St

Is Dave Meggett's kid any good?  I don't remember how he was in the one Maryland game I saw at the beginning of the season.

E2:  Three more:

Jason Ford, RB, Illinois  <---fullback?
Loni Fangupo, DT, BYU
Dwight Jones, WR, UNC

Berkut

If anyone is wondering (not sure how that might be possible at this point) what makes Luck so special, take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19k4DPZhO98&hd=1

He does things that really should not be possible.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Neil

He's got a strong arm, and that's nice.  Still, let's see how he does against NFL-level defenders.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Of the Ohio State UDFA's, the Brownies picked up Andrew Sweat and JB 'False Start' Shugarts. The Jags picked up Brewster (Shocked he wasn't picked by somebody. MCFLY! A CENTER! DUH!) and the Pats got Nate Ebner, a special teams guy that is a rugby nutball.

I think Farmer Fran does the Pats signings.

Edit: a correction on Nate Ebner
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

The Pats drafted Ebner didn't they?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on April 28, 2012, 11:48:07 PM
If anyone is wondering (not sure how that might be possible at this point) what makes Luck so special, take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19k4DPZhO98&hd=1

He does things that really should not be possible.

Don't need to convince me, I know he's franchise.  Football brain with a gun and wheels.

They just need to keep him upright for the first 3 years.

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on April 29, 2012, 09:31:11 AM
The Pats drafted Ebner didn't they?

Huh, they did. Farmer Fran is doing the drafting too.

CountDeMoney

LULZ, Coach Harbaugh (the calm one, not the frenetic one), calls out the Pats (unfortunately, he doesn't call out the collaborator commissioner):

QuoteHarbaugh: Pats titles have asterisks

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Tuesday morning he thought the New England Patriots' three championships won under Bill Belichick "got asterisks now" and have been "stained" by the Spygate scandal that rocked the team in 2007.

Harbaugh made the comments in an interview on a Baltimore radio station. He was asked about the New Orleans Saints' recent bounty scandal and whether it was worth bending the rules if he thought he could get away with it, and Harbaugh brought up the Patriots' videotaping controversy in his response.

"In the end, everything is brought before the light of day, when it's all said and done," Harbaugh said on "98 Rock" in Baltimore. "What happens, even the thing in New England, no matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now. It's been stained.

"To me, it's never worth it. You have to figure out ways to use the rules to your advantage, you have to figure out ways to make the most of everything. We have new work rules here as far as what we can do and what we can't do with our players, and we're going to make the most of it. What we're finding is, 'Man, maybe we can do some things even better than we did before, because these rules make us focus more on some things that we didn't focus on before. You just have to make them work for you. That's what success is in the world. You have to find a way to do things better than somebody else. But if you're cheating, in the end, you're going to get discredited. It's not worth it."

Harbaugh clarified his comments in a statement released by the Ravens on Tuesday afternoon.

"While on the 98 Rock show this morning to talk about the run to honor O.J. Brigance and raise funds for ALS research, I answered a question about playing within the rules and referred to the perception that the Super Bowl championships won by the Patriots and Saints have a stain. My reference was to the perception out there that came as the result of the league's actions," Harbaugh said in the statement.

"I could have been more clear that I was referring to those viewpoints. I totally believe that the Patriot and Saint coaches and players earned those championships. Bill (Belichick) and Sean (Payton) both know that."

On Sept. 9, 2007, a Patriots cameraman was caught illegally videotaping the New York Jets' sideline during a game at Giants Stadium. It mushroomed into a controversy that hovered over the Patriots during their historic 16-0 season in 2007. Ultimately, the league handed down severe sanctions, with Belichick receiving a $500,000 fine. The Patriots were fined $250,000 and were stripped of a first-round draft pick.

ESPN analyst Tedy Bruschi, who was a linebacker on all three of the Patriots' title teams in the early 2000s and was with the Patriots in 2007 when the Spygate scandal broke, said he was perplexed by Harbaugh's comments.

"You want to take a shot, go ahead and say it," Bruschi said on Tuesday's "SportsCenter." "When I look down at my hand and I see championship rings, I know how much work had to be put in to win those championships. I'm very set and secure with all of the victories that we had, the work we put in."

Bruschi also reminded Harbaugh that, in some ways, he has Belichick to thank for landing the head coaching job with the Ravens in 2007. According to reports, the Ravens did not have Harbaugh on their coaching radar until Belichick called the team and recommended they talk to Harbaugh, who was then a Philadelphia Eagles assistant.

"The shot at coach Belichick I don't understand," Bruschi said. "When coach Harbaugh was interviewing for the job in Baltimore, it was coach Belichick that vouched for him. There's a little bit of loyalty that coach Harbaugh needs to learn."

Harbaugh said in the statement released by the Ravens that he called Belichick and Bruschi on Tuesday after his comments started to make headlines.

"I have so much respect for Coach Belichick and the job he does and has accomplished in his Hall of Fame career," he said. "I called him to remind him of my respect for him. I also reached out to Tedy Bruschi, who rightfully defended those Patriot players and coaches on ESPN, to tell him that I agree with him that the Patriots earned every victory."

Until his Tuesday radio interview, Harbaugh has had nothing but respectful things to say about Belichick and the Patriots. He even came to the defense of the team earlier this year after his kicking consultant insinuated the Patriots might have been involved in a scoreboard malfunction that may or may not have contributed to the Ravens losing the 2012 AFC title game at Gillette Stadium.

Ravens kicker Billy Cundiff said he was rushed before hooking a 32-yard field goal, which would have tied the game with 11 seconds left in regulation, because he thought it was third down by looking at the scoreboard. It was actually fourth down.

"I don't think you can rule anything out in New England, can you?" the consultant, Randy Brown, said.

Soon after, Harbaugh squashed what could have been a blossoming controversy.

"We knew what the down and distance were on our last series," Harbaugh said. "The scoreboard was not a factor for us. Any suggestion that the wrong down information was a deliberate effort to affect the outcome of the game is nonsense."

The Patriots face the Ravens in Baltimore in Week 3 of the upcoming NFL season.

Of course Bruschi is going to talk smack back.  Fucking monkey.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2012, 03:20:32 PM
LULZ, Coach Harbaugh (the calm one, not the frenetic one),
Are you dissing OUR guy.  <_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 01, 2012, 03:23:19 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2012, 03:20:32 PM
LULZ, Coach Harbaugh (the calm one, not the frenetic one),
Are you dissing OUR guy.  <_<

I love your guy.  Especially when he assaults asshole coaches post-game.  :D

derspiess

He shouldn't have walked his comments back like he did.  But hey, it was still enough to piss off Bruschi so well done in any case.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Jacoby Jones has been released. 

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2012, 03:27:54 PM
He shouldn't have walked his comments back like he did.  But hey, it was still enough to piss off Bruschi so well done in any case.
I dunno.  If you say that the Patriots championships weren't legit, and Bruschi's heart explodes as a consequence, would you be charged with murder?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 01, 2012, 04:16:34 PM
Jacoby Jones has been released.
I wonder who will be in the market for a fast receiver who can't catch anything now that Al Davis is dead?

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2012, 03:27:54 PM
  But hey, it was still enough to piss off Bruschi so well done in any case.

Bruschi looks like a child molester.