Nomination Thread For Poll Of America's Greatest Foe.

Started by mongers, April 15, 2012, 09:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

I am also patiently waiting for our substantial Canadian contingent to start tossing Isaac Brock's name about.  :P

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 15, 2012, 09:46:31 PM
The problem with pretty much every Native American leader, is that their positions were hopeless from the start.

Though Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse did get lucky once.

We did not really have much to do with the Apaches until right there at the end when we had gattling and maxim guns and so forth and yet they still scared us to death and would tie down thousands of soldiers with just a few dozen guys.  But the Apaches absolutely terrorized the Spanish and Mexicans for over a century.  They were some pretty badass dudes.  Most Native American groups were pushovers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Canadians are stupid, they keep trying to tell me that Alaska was once part of Canada  :Canuck: :tinfoil:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 15, 2012, 09:49:24 PM
I am also patiently waiting for our substantial Canadian contingent to start tossing Isaac Brock's name about.  :P

I already tossed his name out there :P

I mean the list of foreigners who really gave us trouble prior to the 2nd World War is pretty short.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tonitrus

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 15, 2012, 09:46:40 PM
Last I looked CSA wasn't part of USA so :blurgh:

Um the side that claimed otherwise won the war so they never succeeded in seceding.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on April 15, 2012, 09:56:45 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 15, 2012, 09:54:46 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 15, 2012, 09:46:40 PM
Last I looked CSA wasn't part of USA so :blurgh:

Abe disagrees.

And it got him a bullet in the head.

Whereas his opponents got saddled with retards unto their 100th generation.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

If Collins was eligible in the other one it has to be bin laden.

jimmy olsen

So a preliminary list of

Tecumseh
Robert E. Lee
Geronimo
Pancho Villa
Santa Ana
Isaac Brock
Yamamoto
Nguyên Giáp
Peng Dehuai
Osama

Who else?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 16, 2012, 02:40:59 AM
So a preliminary list of

Tecumseh
Robert E. Lee
Geronimo
Pancho Villa
Santa Ana
Isaac Brock
Yammato
Nguyên Giáp
Peng Dehuai

Who else?

Osama and Yamamoto. And strike Lee.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".