Crack Shack or Mansion? (Vancouver Edition)

Started by Malthus, April 14, 2012, 02:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 15, 2012, 07:37:37 PM
The point is, I think, that Vancouver has weather rather than climate. It therefore has no difficulty having 289 sunny days and 176 rainy days all in the same year.

The west of Ireland is probably the most extreme case of this that I'm aware of, they have 300 rainy days a year and 300 sunny days a year.

Then there are hellholes where the weather is the same day after day after day...............

Monterey, CA is such an awful hellhole.  :(

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2012, 03:43:27 PM
Yeah, but I realize few people earn what I do so if I want a large house it forces me to buy one with good resale value - ie one that has a rental area if the buyer wants to use it for that purpose.  That small sacrifice has put me in a much better financial position.  So like I said, the housing market is definitely not a problem from my perspective.

We decided we didn't want to deal with renters, so our place is built without a rental unit (and not easy to convert into a rental). Probably not a good call for resale, as you say... though we could fill it up with homestay students I guess.

Jacob

Jacob

3/4 of a million for a little over 1300 square feet. Of course, it is a pretty unique property.

It's just a block away from where I used to live (in a co-op, paying under $500/ month for a one bedroom apartment).

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on April 16, 2012, 05:36:58 PM

Crack shack.

I understand a person from Edmonton would have difficulty recognizing where a team that makes the playoffs plays its games.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2012, 05:38:05 PM
Is that where the Canucks choke at? MY EYES HURT.

Its not over until the Marti equivalent sings.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on April 16, 2012, 06:06:59 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 16, 2012, 05:57:53 PM
Apparently, the Toronto real estate market is now hotter than Vancouver's.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/top-business-stories/toronto-nabs-hottest-housing-market-title-from-vancouver/article2403649/

Enjoy!  :)

I'm not really enjoying - I don't see any real upside to me of real estate prices wildly increasing, as I don't have any plans to sell and move (elsewhere). All it is likely to do is result in increased tax assessments on the one hand, and increased chances that the market will crash and burn with bad economic consequences on the other.   :lol:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius