News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Uganda: Africans must go to the moon

Started by Mr.Penguin, May 05, 2009, 12:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Can't fault them for being ambitious.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2009, 02:14:37 PM
A force to do what exactly?  Colonize the moons of Jupiter?

:rolleyes:

The mirror Earth on the other side of the sun.

Razgovory

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on May 05, 2009, 02:07:09 PM

The Chinese actually have sent people in to space, have an education system that is churning out hundreds of thousands of engineers and scientists per year, and loads of heavy industry.  Regardless what some party flunky may say about mining moon cheese, China will be a force to be reckoned with in space.

:lol:  Boy won't they be disapointed when they get up there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on May 05, 2009, 02:22:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2009, 02:14:37 PM
A force to do what exactly?  Colonize the moons of Jupiter?

:rolleyes:

The mirror Earth on the other side of the sun.

God that movie sucked.

If it's a mirror earth - WHY DIDN'T THE SPACE SHIPS OR PLANETS COLLIDE????
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on May 05, 2009, 02:20:59 PM
Can't fault them for being ambitious.

Perhaps they could feed their own populations first.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2009, 01:17:22 PM
It doesn't sound that much more insane than others who are in favor of manned space travel.

Some Chinese leader was talking about getting the "resources" on the moon to try to justify their own space program IIRC.  All that profiteable moon mining.
If we develop fusion, He3 would be a very valuable resource we could mine on the Moon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium-3
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 05, 2009, 02:35:54 PM
If we develop fusion, He3 would be a very valuable resource we could mine on the Moon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium-3

Well according to Mass Effect that is exactly what we will eventually do on the Moon.  I just do not think we should invest tons of money to secure resources for technologies that exist only in Science Fiction.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Mining gases?
Interesting new approach. I will bring my pickaxe right away.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2009, 02:37:31 PM
Well according to Mass Effect that is exactly what we will eventually do on the Moon.  I just do not think we should invest tons of money to secure resources for technologies that exist only in Science Fiction.

Go big or go home.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 05, 2009, 02:35:54 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2009, 01:17:22 PM
It doesn't sound that much more insane than others who are in favor of manned space travel.

Some Chinese leader was talking about getting the "resources" on the moon to try to justify their own space program IIRC.  All that profiteable moon mining.
Unfortunately, we'll never develop fusion on the kind of scale that would make lunar mining worthwhile, if at all.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

I would be cheaper to conquer africa...

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"