Yes, Secretary Clinton Submitted Her Own ‘Text From Hillary’

Started by garbon, April 10, 2012, 03:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://mashable.com/2012/04/10/hillary-clinton-text-from/

QuoteTexts From Hillary, a hot new Tumblr featuring a sunglasses-clad, all business Hillary Clinton checking her cellphone on a military plane, got a guest submission from an unexpected source on Monday: Secretary of State Clinton herself.

"sup adam. nice selfie Stace :-)" reads Madam Secretary's post. "ROFL @ ur Tumblr! g2g — scrunchie time. ttyl?"

Stacy Lambe, one of the site's co-creators, confirmed that the post was indeed from the Secretary herself.

"Her staff reached out to us with the submission yesterday," says Lambe. "And we just met with her this afternoon. She was very delightful and thought kindly of us. I can tell you, her staff just thought the whole thing was great."

Need more proof that's actually from Clinton? Here you go. And there's this, too — the post signed by the Secretary, thanking the team for the "LOLZ."

What was Clinton's favorite TextFromHillary so far?

"She mentioned being a fan of the Ryan Gosling post," says Lambe. (And who can blame her? He saves strangers from oncoming traffic, after all.)

Texts From Hillary is built around photos of Clinton checking messages on her cellphone aboard a military C-17 aircraft. The blog features Clinton responding to texts from politicians and celebrities in various awesome and hilarious ways.

The site was the brainchild of Adam Smith and Stacy Lambe. It has been spreading across the web like wildfire. No wonder Clinton's team would want to get involved — doing so creates a boatload of positive press as rumors of a possible Hillary 2016 presidential bid continue to float around the political sphere.

The original photos were taken by Reuters' Kevin Lamarque and Time's Diana Walker.

What's your favorite Text From Hillary? Let us know in the comments below.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 10, 2012, 04:18:23 PM
I still don't understand any of this.

Neither of those are hard to understand although you do have to recognize the other characters.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Lol, wiener...

But still, sunglasses & a Blackberry merits all this attention?  Is it all just pent-up Hillary lust from 2008?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on April 10, 2012, 04:30:33 PM
But still, sunglasses & a Blackberry merits all this attention?
....So have you ever been on the internet?
Let's bomb Russia!

Viking

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 10, 2012, 04:35:17 PM

full of pron and pirated movies, why bother with hillary with sunglasses?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Yeah.  But I'm still confused.  Is there something hidden in the pic that I'm not seeing?

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on April 10, 2012, 04:36:53 PM

Yeah.  But I'm still confused.  Is there something hidden in the pic that I'm not seeing?

It's just that hillary looks gangster cool in the image, making it perfect for the internet for making images with text on them.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Jacob

CountDeMoney

On the subway to work? No.
On a fucking C-130 Hercules?  Fuck yeah.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on April 10, 2012, 04:42:06 PM
Who's the dude with the "big boy collar"?

Zuckerberg timed with his purchase of Instagram for $1 billion.  Actually just saw if you click on the source link below goes to a blog saying that.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on April 10, 2012, 04:40:18 PM
It's just that hillary looks gangster cool in the image, making it perfect for the internet for making images with text on them.

This. Natural play on her image as a bitch.

Hence the one with Anna Wintour where they spell between them: HBIC.