Are gays overrepresented among horror story creators and if so why?

Started by Martinus, April 09, 2012, 03:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 10, 2012, 03:38:32 PM
QuoteWhy do we need to be revolutionary? We've already gotten most of what we want.
To smash the rich? :mellow:

Don't be foolish, what self-respecting gay man wants that? Well unless smash is some new sexual slang term.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 10, 2012, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2012, 03:33:05 PM
You 20-something fags are hopeless. My bf is like that too. Not a single idealistic/revolutionary bone in you.  <_<
There's nothing revolutionary or idealistic about trawling Wikipedia looking for 'Personal life and sexuality' sections :lol:

You want to celebrate gay culture go read the bloody Sonnets - or watch Derek Jarman's 'The Angelic Conversation', a film accompanying them being read by Judi Dench - don't start threads about 'The Lost Boys'.

QuoteI'm glad that Marty has proven himself useful and validated my theories.
Marti's really marshalling homosexuality into his own thing.  It's not about the gays it's about Martiism.

QuoteWhy do we need to be revolutionary? We've already gotten most of what we want.
To smash the rich? :mellow:

I was just posting while inebriated. :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on April 10, 2012, 03:42:49 PM
So, what about Bram Stoker?
Never heard that.  A quick Google search suggests only Marty has.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on April 10, 2012, 03:44:00 PM
What's a wolf? You guys have too many terms lol
Oh, sorry, I meant in Twilight terms :lol:

Though I think some people use wolf for slim, but hairy older men.  Not my type <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Careful, you're on the verge of a "you people." <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 10, 2012, 03:45:30 PM

Though I think some people use wolf for slim, but hairy older men.  Not my type <_<
you should not dignify twilight. It's below you.

So a wolf, if it is a term, is like a silver fox who dyes his hair? :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

garbon

Quote from: HVC on April 10, 2012, 03:48:06 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 10, 2012, 03:45:30 PM

you should not dignify twilight. It's below you.

So a wolf, if it is a term, is like a silver fox who dyes his hair? :P

:huh:

No. Someone whose hair hasn't turned entirely silver.  Besides fox seems to describe any old person regardless of how hirsute they are.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on April 10, 2012, 03:47:20 PM

I love ze gays. I live on the edge of the Toronto gay district. As a group you guys rock. You just have way too many subcultures. Hard to keep track :D

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 10, 2012, 03:44:36 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 10, 2012, 03:42:49 PM
So, what about Bram Stoker?
Never heard that.  A quick Google search suggests only Marty has.

I only found out that he was buddies with Oscar Wilde, and he married a woman Wilde formerly pursued.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on April 10, 2012, 03:50:20 PM

I love ze gays. I live on the edge of the Toronto gay district. As a group you guys rock. You just have way too many subcultures. Hard to keep track :D

My best friend is black? :hmm:

Martinus

Anyway, I think it's pretty obvious I'm histrionic (it's the nicer relative of narcissistic - not as much megalomaniac as an attention whore :P).

I guess I like to cultivate my gay victimhood as a sole respite from realization I come from a privileged background and am now among 0.1% of top earners in Poland. :P

HVC

Quote from: garbon on April 10, 2012, 03:52:02 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 10, 2012, 03:50:20 PM

My best friend is black? :hmm:
do you try to pass him off as Indian?

:P

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2012, 03:52:58 PM
I guess I like to cultivate my gay victimhood as a sole respite from realization I come from a privileged background and am now among 0.1% of top earners in Poland. :P
If you like I can cultivate my victimisation :P
Let's bomb Russia!