Mississippi hurtles headlong into the dark ages

Started by Scipio, April 09, 2012, 08:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

After five years of hard work, Raise Your Pints, a MS non-profit corp, has succeeded.  Governor Phil Bryant, in perhaps the only smart move of his young administration, signed late Thursday a bill that raises the alcohol by weight of beer sold in Mississippi to 8% (10.2% ABV), allowing us to have Mo Betta Beer, as of July 1, 2012.

Now I can reduce the number of bootlegging trips I make to NOLA each year.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Viking

mississippi heading into the dark ages.. It's good to see progress like that... :hug: :hug:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on April 09, 2012, 08:29:08 AM
mississippi heading into the dark ages.. It's good to see progress like that... :hug: :hug:

Yes.  You can't have an abortion but maybe you can try drinking yourself into a stupor instead.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2012, 09:03:21 AM

Yes.  You can't have an abortion but maybe you can try drinking yourself into a stupor instead.

Oh come on.  You drink to dull the pain when you do your do it yourself abortion at home. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2012, 10:03:26 AM

Oh come on.  You drink to dull the pain when you do your do it yourself abortion at home. 

Oh...sorry.  :Embarrass:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

You forgot the part about jamming the broken end of the bottle into the uterus.  So it's really a two-fold design.

grumbler

Did it work for you?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!