Should voters be required to show photo ID?

Started by derspiess, April 04, 2012, 12:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should voters be required to show photo ID?

Yes
31 (62%)
No
14 (28%)
Only Jaron
5 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 50

katmai

His posts are on moderation. Means someone else approved it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 07, 2012, 03:34:23 PM
His posts are on moderation. Means someone else approved it.

Don't look at me.  As a moderator, it's my duty to ignore the "Moderate" tab.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Here's some red meat for Raz :lol:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/08/DC-Polling-Place-Holder-Ballot

QuoteO'KEEFE VOTER FRAUD INVESTIGATION: YOUNG MAN OFFERED HOLDER'S BALLOT

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has declared that there is no proof that in-person voter fraud is a problem. He's about to see proof that even he can't deny.
In a new video (below) provided to Breitbart.com, James O'Keefe's Project Veritas demonstrates why Holder should stop attacking voter ID laws--by walking into Holder's voting precinct and showing the world that anyone can obtain Eric Holder's primary ballot. Literally.
The video shows a young man entering a Washington, DC polling place at 3401 Nebraska Avenue, NW, on primary day of this year--April 3, 2012--and giving Holder's name and address. The poll worker promptly offers the young man Holder's ballot to vote.
The young man then suggests that he should show his ID; the poll worker, in compliance with DC law, states: "You don't need it. It's all right. As long as you're in here, you're on our list, and that's who you say you are, you're okay."
The young man replies: "I would feel more comfortable if I just had my ID. Is it alright if I go get it?" The poll worker agrees.
"I'll be back Faster than you can say Furious," the young man jokes on his way out, in a reference to the Fast and Furious gunwalking scandal that has plagued Holder's Department of Justice.
Holder has maintained that voter fraud is not a major problem in the United States, and that voter ID would not curb voter fraud in any case.
As Project Veritas has proven, voter fraud is easy and simple--and may be increasingly common in the absence of voter ID laws.
Project Veritas has already shown how dead people can vote in New Hampshire, prompting the state senate to pass a voter ID law; they've also shown people can use celebrity names like Tim Tebow and Tom Brady to vote in Minnesota, prompting the state legislature to put voter ID on the ballot as a constitutional amendment.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

That's not voter fraud.  That's voter error.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 09, 2012, 11:22:10 AM

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/08/DC-Polling-Place-Holder-Ballot

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has declared that there is no proof that in-person voter fraud is a problem. He's about to see proof that even he can't deny.
In a new video (below) provided to Breitbart.com, James O'Keefe's Project Veritas demonstrates why Holder should stop attacking voter ID laws--by walking into Holder's voting precinct and showing the world that anyone can obtain Eric Holder's primary ballot. Literally.
The video shows a young man entering a Washington, DC polling place at 3401 Nebraska Avenue, NW, on primary day of this year--April 3, 2012--and giving Holder's name and address. The poll worker promptly offers the young man Holder's ballot to vote.
The young man then suggests that he should show his ID; the poll worker, in compliance with DC law, states: "You don't need it. It's all right. As long as you're in here, you're on our list, and that's who you say you are, you're okay."
The young man replies: "I would feel more comfortable if I just had my ID. Is it alright if I go get it?" The poll worker agrees.
"I'll be back Faster than you can say Furious," the young man jokes on his way out, in a reference to the Fast and Furious gunwalking scandal that has plagued Holder's Department of Justice.
Holder has maintained that voter fraud is not a major problem in the United States, and that voter ID would not curb voter fraud in any case.
As Project Veritas has proven, voter fraud is easy and simple--and may be increasingly common in the absence of voter ID laws.
Project Veritas has already shown how dead people can vote in New Hampshire, prompting the state senate to pass a voter ID law; they've also shown people can use celebrity names like Tim Tebow and Tom Brady to vote in Minnesota, prompting the state legislature to put voter ID on the ballot as a constitutional amendment.

Wow, a dishonest young man said something on a website made by a dishonest dead one.    I suppose this is riveting stuff for GOPtards.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2012, 11:26:27 AM
Wow, a dishonest young man said something on a website made by a dishonest dead one.    I suppose this is riveting stuff for GOPtards.

That's all you've got?  :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

If you liked to be fooled, tricked and lied to by people you agree with, I can't do anything for you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2012, 12:07:29 PM
If you liked to be fooled, tricked and lied to by people you agree with, I can't do anything for you.

You disappoint me :( :(

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: garbon on April 06, 2012, 08:46:13 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 06, 2012, 05:35:47 PM
Is preventing vote fraud an important enough thing that it needs to be done even if you know a side effect will be a boost to the wrong party?

lulz

Nobody answered the question.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 09, 2012, 12:19:30 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2012, 12:07:29 PM

You disappoint me :( :(

Sorry, what do you want me to say?

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on April 09, 2012, 11:22:10 AM

That just shows that fraud is possible, it does not show that it is prevalent.

Holder should have no problem denying that this is a problem, since this example does not address the reason why people who are against these laws are against them, nor for that matter does it illuminate why people who are for these laws are in favor of them.

It is interesting that supports, such as derspeiss, use this kind of grandstanding as "evidence" when it is patently obvious to anyone that it does not address the issue at all. More grist for the mill that the real objective has nothing to do with the mythical "voter fraud".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on April 09, 2012, 12:37:26 PM
It is interesting that supports, such as derspeiss, use this kind of grandstanding as "evidence" when it is patently obvious to anyone that it does not address the issue at all.

Did I?

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on April 09, 2012, 12:40:32 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 09, 2012, 12:37:26 PM
It is interesting that supports, such as derspeiss, use this kind of grandstanding as "evidence" when it is patently obvious to anyone that it does not address the issue at all.

Did I?

:raz:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned