News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

MILFiest MILF

Started by Admiral Yi, April 03, 2012, 07:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Sigourney Weaver. Though I guess she falls under grandma.

derspiess

A few years ago I would've said Patricia Heaton, but she peaked sometime after Everyone Loves Raymond.  I'd say maybe Megan Mullally, but she may have peaked as well.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2012, 07:47:09 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2012, 06:40:50 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 04, 2012, 06:04:31 AM
Anyone else notice that once or twice a female friend enters MILF territory ?

I guess at a base level, it's you recognising that by becoming a mother, it proves she's fertile; nature triumphs over stereotype barby dolls ?

Preggo chicks give me the willies, giving birth demolishes vaginas like a satchel charge in a VC tunnel, and nothing wears down a woman more than the stress of motherhood.

Preggos that haven't turned into the kool aid man turn me on.

:yes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 04, 2012, 09:57:43 AM
A few years ago I would've said Patricia Heaton, but she peaked sometime after Everyone Loves Raymond.  I'd say maybe Megan Mullally, but she may have peaked as well.

Most definitely, on both counts.  Especially Megan Mullally when Will & Grace was on.  Damn. But those shows were, like, 10 years ago.

Dana Delaney is in her mid-50s now; definite Cougar-quality.

Malthus

Reminds me of that Futurama joke about how biologists, concerned about all the bad jokes made about the Puma concolor, have officially renamed the species the "wild mountain MILF".  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on April 04, 2012, 07:45:31 AM
What's the difference between MILFs and Cougars? Where's the boundary? Is a 50 year old a MILF? Or is a 30-something? In which case, since I'm 45, I call them pretty young things with children.

A MILF is an attractive older woman.  A cougar is an older woman who likes to dress and act young and fuck younger guys.  A cougar doesn't have to be attractive and usually isn't.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 02:13:34 PM
What's the difference between MILFs and Cougars? Where's the boundary? Is a 50 year old a MILF? Or is a 30-something? In which case, since I'm 45, I call them pretty young things with children.

A MILF is an attractive older woman.  A cougar is an older woman who likes to dress and act young and fuck younger guys.  A cougar doesn't have to be attractive and usually isn't.

I've always taken cougar to be a subset of MILF, but you may be technically correct.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on April 04, 2012, 02:23:42 PM
I've always taken cougar to be a subset of MILF, but you may be technically correct.

Technically? :D

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 02:13:34 PM

So what's the cutoff age  for "older"...30? 35? 40?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on April 04, 2012, 03:46:54 PM
So what's the cutoff age  for "older"...30? 35? 40?

Beats me.

When I think of MILFs I think of women who look distinctly middle-aged and mommy-ish but still attractive.  So in my book that tosses out people like Jennifer Anniston.  It probably also tosses out people like Catherine Deneuve and Michelle Pfeiffer, now that I think about it.

Another one to throw on the pile: the mom in Breaking Away, which is in rotation on cable now.  Dustin Hoffman's fuck buddy in Mrs. Robinson is probably the ur-MILF.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 03:54:30 PM
ur-MILF.

:lol:

The character though is of course named Mrs. Robinson - the movie is The Graduate.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 02:32:32 PM

The best kind of correct!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2012, 03:58:37 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2012, 02:32:32 PM

The best kind of correct!
You have the heart of a bureaucrat.
PDH!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2012, 03:58:17 PM
:lol:

The character though is of course named Mrs. Robinson - the movie is The Graduate.

Bah.

I second Blythe Danner.  Very MILFy in Meet the Fuckers.