The most beautiful woman in the world... and we're all freaking jealous...

Started by Alexandru H., April 03, 2012, 01:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2012, 06:49:44 PM
Quote from: Jacob on April 03, 2012, 06:28:12 PM
I find the whole height obsession sort of puzzling.

IIRC, you're tall and thin.

By some standards in some places. In others, not so much.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2012, 04:45:43 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 03, 2012, 04:16:17 PM
Studies tend to show people react to beautiful people positively across the board.

Not me, man.  I treat them with the same loathing and distrust I reserve for ugly people.

Concur.  Any very beautiful woman (on the conventional scale) is presumptively a bitch.  Some 9s and 10s on my idiosyncratic scale are all right, because on the conventional scale they may be more like 7s or 8s.

I am proven wrong from time to time, but it's a good rule.  And psychologically defensive!

Simply attractive men don't bother me as much, although I envy them; however, tall men I want to kick right in the fucking shins.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on April 04, 2012, 12:42:36 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2012, 04:45:43 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 03, 2012, 04:16:17 PM
Studies tend to show people react to beautiful people positively across the board.

Not me, man.  I treat them with the same loathing and distrust I reserve for ugly people.

Concur.  Any very beautiful woman (on the conventional scale) is presumptively a bitch.  Some 9s and 10s on my idiosyncratic scale are all right, because on the conventional scale they may be more like 7s or 8s.

I am proven wrong from time to time, but it's a good rule.  And psychologically defensive!

Simply attractive men don't bother me as much, although I envy them; however, tall men I want to kick right in the fucking shins.

Seconded on the sheer usefulness of the psychologically defensive presumptive bitch posture.
Tall guys get the kick in the balls.  But tall AND thin?  Get the fucking bat.  :mad:

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Maybe she was really hot when she was in her 20s and is just futilely clinging to past glory? :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 04, 2012, 01:03:50 AM
Maybe she was really hot when she was in her 20s and is just futilely clinging to past glory? :hmm:

She had that same nose in her 20's.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

As I have said many times before, the Daily Mail is very good at what it does.

A story about a beautiful woman who actually is a beautiful woman is not very interesting. One where the woman is decidedly average is much more interesting.

British print newspaper sales are in terminal decline. To keep turning a profit they need to work out some way of making money from their online editions. According to The Economist fewer than 30% of the visits to the Mail's site are from Britain, so they are appealing to an increasingly global audience. The Guardian has a report on their financial success from this :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/feb/08/mail-online-revenue-growth

Brazen

Yes, I'm currently batting off reports the Daily Mail made saying Russia is developing a zombie weapon. Russia did actually announce that it was giving more money to research unconventional weapons including psychotronic ones (which I'd already reported on last week), then deftly segues into a report to say they'd actually researched an energy weapon that makes people in a crowd uncomfortably hot. Sigh.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123415/Putin-targets-foes-zombie-gun-attack-victims-central-nervous-system.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Judging myself equally as attractive as Ms Brick but without the wonky nose, eyes and teeth, where's my champagne?

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 04, 2012, 02:00:07 PM
The Guardian has joined in the fun :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/apr/04/samantha-brick-hated-good-looks

:D

Oh my God that was good.

QuoteJust last November a woman I've never met stopped me outside a supermarket to give me a poppy.

I feel a rage I can hardly express in words for this handsome bastard.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."