The most beautiful woman in the world... and we're all freaking jealous...

Started by Alexandru H., April 03, 2012, 01:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2012, 04:40:53 PM
The Economist did a write up of a new study claiming to show that this is true for good looking men

It is the cross I bear.

Drakken

So as the adage go, man is a wolf to man, woman is a bitch to woman. Film at 11. It's not new that women are catty and competitive against one another.

Besides, true beauty is subjective, and maybe that woman that you call "meh" can easily pack a hundred men's phone number within the evening. Maybe she has nice... charms.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2012, 05:13:41 PM
The Economist did a write up of a new study claiming to show that this is true for good looking men

It is the cross I bear.

Listen, you are just lucky you were not alive when John Hunter was active. You'd have ended up like poor Charles Byrne - displayed in a case for the horrified amusement of the public.  :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Byrne_(giant)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

It is known that height and good looks go together.  Indeed it is difficult to tell where one begins and the other ends.

Drakken

The Economist did a write up of a new study claiming to show that this is true for good looking men but that good looking women actually operate under a handicap in hiring.  The authors' explanation was that HR departments are 93% female.

My extremely tentative modification to this thesis is that good looking women do better in fields or companies where line staff rather than HR departments make the hiring decisions.

Also, good looking women are handicaped by the fact that they are perceived as less intelligent or less competent than their peers, male or female, for the same job, or there are there because of "lateral advancement" rather than competence. Sexiness also play against them when managing positions of responsability involving customers, for instance in financial services, for the same reasons.

Which is all superficial prejudice horseshit, really.

Iormlund

Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2012, 04:53:04 PM
I'm guessing she has one of two things:  Enormous jugs or a mental condition.

A friend of mine used to date someone who had both. Perky, too. They explained why he managed to keep up with her for a year. To this day he cannot talk about women without repeatedly mentioning how extraordinary his ex's boobs were.

Curiosly enough given the evolution of the thread, she works as an HR exec.

Drakken

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2012, 05:32:01 PM
It is known that height and good looks go together.  Indeed it is difficult to tell where one begins and the other ends.

For males, I'd agree. For females, not so. Taller women are intimidating, and very few tall women want nonetheless to date shorter men.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Drakken on April 03, 2012, 05:42:46 PM

For males, I'd agree. For females, not so. Taller women are intimidating, and very few tall women want nonetheless to date shorter men.

I've never been intimidated by tall women;  hell, that just means they have longer legs, yummy.  So they're the ones with the problem.

Drakken

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2012, 05:44:05 PM
I've never been intimidated by tall women;  hell, that just means they have longer legs, yummy.  So they're the ones with the problem.

To each is own, really. A woman over 6 feet is not very attractive to me. Some might be really charming and flirtatious even if I'm smaller, but I've encountered some taller women with a shitty entitlement attitude just because they are taller.

My preference is usually the petite type, yet my girlfriend is a 5'10", busty type. She confirmed that she'd never had dated me if I had been shorter than her, even if she's taller than quite a few men at her height.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on April 03, 2012, 05:42:46 PM

I suppose it is a matter of perspective.  I have always found tall women much more attractive. 

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on April 03, 2012, 05:52:16 PM
but I've encountered some taller women with a shitty entitlement attitude just because they are taller.

First you recognize a universal truism that tall is better only to then deny it. 

CountDeMoney

Oh, don't get me wrong, I prefer them little so I can spin them like a top and my cock looks bigger in her face, but there are some fine, tall, leggy women out there I would've gone after with a Sherpa guide in a heartbeat.

Quoteyet my girlfriend is a 5'10" Christina Hendricks-busty type. She confirmed that she'd never had dated me if I had been shorter than her, even if she's taller than quite a few men at her height.

Sounds like a nice, superficial bitch.  I'm sure you're happy together.  :P

Drakken

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2012, 05:55:46 PM
Quote from: Drakken on April 03, 2012, 05:52:16 PM
but I've encountered some taller women with a shitty entitlement attitude just because they are taller.

First you recognize a universal truism that tall is better only to then deny it.

Tall is better - for men.  :rolleyes:

Tall is perceived as good for females only on Metropolitan fashion shows, because supermodels are taller.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on April 03, 2012, 05:57:08 PM
Tall is perceived as good for females only on Metropolitan fashion shows...

and by tall men as well as other men without issues dealing with tall women.  Learn from Cdm, he has much to teach on the subject.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Drakken on April 03, 2012, 05:57:08 PM
Tall is better - for men.  :rolleyes:

Maybe for high-end designer men's fashions, but not for pure, primal powah.  Katmai and I can attest to that.