Are you participating in the Earth Hour on Saturday?

Started by Martinus, March 30, 2012, 08:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you participating in the Earth Hour on Saturday?

Yes, I'm an impressionable lemming who happily participates in useless PR stunts like this
2 (5.7%)
No, I hate the planet and the humanity and await their demise (Neil option)
13 (37.1%)
What the fuck is the Earth Hour?
20 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Tamas

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 30, 2012, 09:03:55 AM
*continues surfing the internet in the dark on a computer with a 1000W power supply*

I guarantee you that 90% of the people participating in this shit will do exactly that  :lol:

Eddie Teach

And Tom Edison said "Let there be light" and there was light. And he saw that it was good.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

I wouldn't know about it if my firm didn't observe it and send e-mails to all employees reminding them about it. :P

Barrister

Did I tell you guys about the file in Whitehorse where someone breaks into a house thinking no one is home - only to find the occupants inside because they had the lights out for Earth hour? :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on March 30, 2012, 09:08:00 AM
Did I tell you guys about the file in Whitehorse where someone breaks into a house thinking no one is home - only to find the occupants inside because they had the lights out for Earth hour? :lol:

No you didn't.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

No, I prefer to celebrate the hours from my home planet, Razgov 4.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Barrister on March 30, 2012, 09:08:00 AM

They put out their lanterns and torches there for Earth Hour? Cool.
Must be a bitch to restart the cooking fires though.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on March 30, 2012, 09:25:28 AM
No, I prefer to celebrate the hours from my home planet, Razgov 4.

THIS IS RAZGOV 4!!!

Monoriu

No.  If the goal is to get people to use less electricity, the real solution is higher prices, not hoping that they will use less. 

Josephus

It's such a stupid symbolic excercise with no longterm effect, so no I won't. Unless I'm tired and just want to take a nap.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

I've got some more trees to plant so ... yes?   :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

FunkMonk

As citizens of Spaceship Earth, we all need to do our part to preserve our delicate ecosystems from the horrible mass-producing international corporations. Hail Gaia.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

First I've heard of it.
I unintentionally might but I doubt it
██████
██████
██████