News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Scipio, March 30, 2012, 07:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

Difficulty levels are meaningless unless expressed in real terms. How hard is Diablo 3 in 1985 prices?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Well. I've switched to Master, and it's definitely more fun and slightly more challenging this way. Though with the increased XP I also made it from 25 to 35 ridiculously quickly. I try to have a somewhat effective build, but the ability/runes combos I like and the ones that synergize well are not the same. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Adventure mode, right?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Actually doing campaign at the moment, because it's been a long while and as silly, over the top and melodramatic as Blizzard stories tend to be, I kind of enjoy them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Pedrito

Honest question:

should I bother building a seasonal toon, if I'm not interested in competitive play?

otherwise, the difficulty levels are available for normal, non-seasonal toons, am I right?

Ah, I'm playing vanilla, not Reaper of Souls.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Grey Fox

You could do season for the simple fact of having more people to play with.

Syt

Finished the story on Master this weekend, reached level 70 with my wizard and switched to adventure mode. And now I'm bored. Doing bounties/rifts to get better gear to get to tougher levels to get better gear to .... blergh. Not for me.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

I think your options now are:

Stop and play something else.  A good choice if you have other things to play.
Switch to a different character and playing through the campaign again.  They all have their charms.  Witch Doctor will be easiest if you kept much of your older gear around as much of it will be INT based.  One of the melee (Monk, Barbarian, Crusader) characters will be best for the biggest change in play.
Keep playing with the same wizard and reset the campaign.

Syt

Thanks for the tips, but I think I'll just stop and move on. When the game came out I played a barbarian (I tend to prefer melee classes), and I've toyed with the other classes before. Main reason I went wizard this time was because I normally never play casting characters in RPGs. Just by doing the campaign I hit all Season goals for Part I-III, and some for Part IV. I might make another run with a monk or demon hunter at some point.

I spent half my Sunday doing bounties and rifts and at the end I felt like I had overfed on sugar - lots of stuff happening that's satisfying to see (enemies blowing up by the dozens! and dropping loot!) but I felt pretty unfulfilled in the end, and almost hungover.

But yeah, I mostly play games (with a few exceptions like Euro Truck Sim or Bejeweled 3) for the stories - either a scripted one (RPGs, adventures, campaigns in other genres) or one that emerges during play (many strategy games, rogue likes, open world games, sports managers). There are only few games that hook me on mechanics alone - mastering a game for its own sake or chasing achievements is just not my thing.

I still like watching people playing stuff like super hard "I wanna be the ..." fangames, but I wouldn't want to make it through myself.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

I'm with you Syt. The appeal of simply redoing the same over & over & over doesn't appeal to me at all in D3.

Syt

Yeah, it's why games like War Thunder or World of Tanks are fun for a while, but then become boring for me.

I'm not saying that these are crap games, mind you, just that they're not for me.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

No, they are for you. You played it, enjoyed it & now it's over.

That's ok. Not everyone is a single game player.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

For me the allure of the Diablo series was always running those randomly generated areas to keep getting better gear and (in D2) to try to get as close to max level as possible without getting killed - I played on Hardcore.  If playing on softcore then I think a lot of the excitement leaves the game.