Syt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgaoEP6-p4Q

:lol:

They should make a follow up campaign:
"The Final Solution for dendruff"
"Blitzkrieg for your hair"
"Blondie - The natural hair dye"
etc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on March 28, 2012, 02:18:57 AM
:face: That would so not pass here in the US

It is being noted now for the outrage it is causing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

If we are not allowed to draw pictures of Muhammed, they are not allowed to use our historical figures either!

Valmy

You sure?  Hitler is a pretty much a punch line these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on March 28, 2012, 08:09:00 AM

You sure?  Hitler is a pretty much a punch line these days.

I havent seen any product ads on TV with footage of Hitler. Are their some I missed in the last 20 years or so?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on March 28, 2012, 09:13:21 AM
I havent seen any product ads on TV with footage of Hitler. Are their some I missed in the last 20 years or so?

Do  historical figures show up on product ads much?  I haven't seen any product ads on TV with footage of Churchil, Stalin, or Roosevelt either.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Google fu shows the Turkish ad, a German anti-Aids ad and a MoveOn web ad calling Bush Hitler. No American tv ads that I can find.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

The German Anti-AIDS one was mildly controversial (it equated AIDS with mass murderers, there was another one with Stalin).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

I am surprised no one has made a "Hitler reacts-Downfall" clip relating to this yet.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on March 28, 2012, 09:15:26 AM
Do  historical figures show up on product ads much?  I haven't seen any product ads on TV with footage of Churchil, Stalin, or Roosevelt either.

Honest Abe was pitching GEICO a while back by telling Mary her ass was fat.  George Washington seems pretty popular for presidents' day sales.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on March 28, 2012, 09:15:26 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 28, 2012, 09:13:21 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wgUo5knqcA  This one has some historical figures in it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Value City furniture raped the memory of both Abe and Washington this year in their Presidents day sale TV ads.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 28, 2012, 07:53:58 PM
Value City furniture raped the memory of both Abe and Washington this year in their Presidents day sale TV ads.

Wait, Value City still exists?
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 28, 2012, 08:01:42 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 28, 2012, 07:53:58 PM

Wait, Value City still exists?

The department store? No.
The Furniture Store? Yes. They are headquartered in Columbus.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive