News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russian backed coup underway in Georgia

Started by Weatherman, May 05, 2009, 05:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Quote from: The Brain on May 05, 2009, 04:29:25 PM
The citizen accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic, protecting it with his life. The civilian does not.

Yeah....civilian! 

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 05, 2009, 04:31:14 PM
I consider going to University as starting my life again.  Did my serving part, all that patriotic fun stuff....time to have fun.  ;)

University is a time out from life. It's like a return (or extension) of adolescence. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

The citizen accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic, protecting it with his life. The civilian does not.

Ok?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2009, 04:33:15 PM

Ok?

Completely off topic really....but are you not patriotic in the least bit at all?  Never felt a single urge?  :mellow:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Richard Hakluyt

Interesting.

I would like to know more.

garbon

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 05, 2009, 04:35:27 PM
Completely off topic really....but are you not patriotic in the least bit at all?  Never felt a single urge?  :mellow:

Urge to offer up my life for my country?

Richard Hakluyt

You'd have made a great marine Garbon, you missed your metier  :D

garbon

Martinus

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 05, 2009, 04:35:27 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2009, 04:33:15 PM

Ok?

What do his statements have to do with patriotism? You don't need to be a bloodthirsty savage to be a patriot.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on May 05, 2009, 04:45:45 PM
What do his statements have to do with patriotism? You don't need to be a bloodthirsty savage to be a patriot.

Wtf are you smoking?

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2009, 04:46:08 PM

Wtf are you smoking?

Yeah really. 

But I was just wondering if you ever had the urge to serve your country....risk your life, maybe.  You don't risk your life in all jobs of the military.  More dangerous to drive every day than be, say, a cook, water purifier, or UAV operator.

I just know, personally, I would have always regretted not doing what I've had the option of experiencing... as much as it did suck, was still worth it.  As many of the males here express that they regret not serving, or having some of the experiences. 

Martinus

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 05, 2009, 04:50:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2009, 04:46:08 PM

Wtf are you smoking?

Yeah really. 

But I was just wondering if you ever had the urge to serve your country....risk your life, maybe.  You don't risk your life in all jobs of the military.  More dangerous to drive every day than be, say, a cook, water purifier, or UAV operator.

I just know, personally, I would have always regretted not doing what I've had the option of experiencing... as much as it did suck, was still worth it.  As many of the males here express that they regret not serving, or having some of the experiences.
Why do you assume that working as a soldier is the only way to serve your country.

I'd say doctors, teachers, judges or civil servants serve their country in a much more profound and useful way that an bunch of immature old boys with guns, running through some desert half the world away.

Alcibiades

Why do you assume what you do?

You're just a bigot Marty, it's ok.  The chip will fall off some day.   :hug:

garbon

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 05, 2009, 04:50:13 PM
Yeah really. 

No, no desire whatsoever. That might be because I don't feel any real sense of connection to the majority of America.  I feel ties to my family and perhaps people similar to those in which I've lived (which gets you California and liberal cities), but I don't think anything beyond that.

garbon

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 05, 2009, 04:53:46 PM
Why do you assume what you do?

You're just a bigot Marty, it's ok.  The chip will fall off some day.   :hug:

Yes, it'd be best if he hadn't posted in this thread.