News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Supreme Court & Obamacare

Started by jimmy olsen, March 26, 2012, 08:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

If it is that is hilarious.  Congress looks like a bunch of morons again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on March 27, 2012, 01:47:54 PM
After today's arguments before the US Supreme Court, CNN legal correspondent says health law 'looks like it's going to be struck down'.

Oh yeah, Scalia was in rare form.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

So will it go in whole or just the mandate?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 27, 2012, 01:49:30 PM

The congress that passed it, anyway.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 27, 2012, 01:56:13 PM

Nice try with the illegitimacy angle.  Doesn't work with the President, won't work with the Congress.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 27, 2012, 02:01:34 PM

Nice try with the illegitimacy angle.  Doesn't work with the President, won't work with the Congress.

:huh:

Valmy

Yeah because horribly written laws of questionable Constitutionality are limited to this one instance.  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 27, 2012, 02:14:28 PM

Yeah because horribly written laws of questionable Constitutionality are limited to this one instance.  :lol:

No, because Obamacare is the big news story today. 

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 27, 2012, 02:23:21 PM

Ok I have not the slightest idea WTF you are trying to say.  English please.

Claiming they look like morons AGAIN is sayng exactly they are looking foolish today.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 27, 2012, 02:26:43 PM

Claiming they look like morons AGAIN is sayng exactly they are looking foolish today.

Settle down, Throbby Jr. :rolleyes:

I'm saying that this being struck down would make the previous Congress look foolish.  I'm not sure how it should taint the current or other Congresses prior to the 111th.  I think it's a big enough issue that it would be looked at on its own, and not as part of a continuum of bad laws spanning many years, as you seem to think it will. 

And that's not because I disagree about congress having a habit of making bad laws, btw.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 27, 2012, 02:35:13 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 27, 2012, 02:26:43 PM

Settle down, Throbby Jr. :rolleyes:

I'm saying that this being struck down would make the previous Congress look foolish.  I'm not sure how it should taint the current or other Congresses prior to the 111th.  I think it's a big enough issue that it would be looked at on its own, and not as part of a continuum of bad laws spanning many years, as you seem to think it will. 

And that's not because I disagree about congress having a habit of making bad laws, btw.

No, just that some Congresses are more legitimate than others, i.e., ones that pass legislation you approve of, versus those that don't.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 27, 2012, 02:44:24 PM
No, just that some Congresses are more legitimate than others, i.e., ones that pass legislation you approve of, versus those that don't.

I don't get the "legitimacy" thing you keep harping on.  I don't think I ever questioned the legitimacy of the 111th congress, nor of the Obama presidency.