News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lunch weirdness

Started by Darth Wagtaros, March 23, 2012, 02:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on March 23, 2012, 07:33:50 PM
Chang's food is really, really oily, which I think has something to do with it.
Ne'r been.  Many chain restaurants are like that.
PDH!

Caliga

It's an overrated Chinese chain restaurant.  For some reason a lot of people are obsessed with their lettuce wraps, which is basically bits of General Tso's chicken wrapped in lettuce leaves.  It's no big deal, at least to me, but a lot of people go there specifically for that.

My company brings lunch in for us all the time and we get Chang's fairly often... in fact I ate it twice this week.  Wouldn't have been my choice, but hey it was free.  I probably ate 15 fortune cookies this week. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

I used to work there.  Never fucked with my stomach at all, and I put extra chili paste on everything.  To be honest, I'd still probably call it my favorite restaurant.

I agree with the lettuce wraps, though.  WTF is wrong with people?  "CAN I HAVE YOUR LETTUCE WRAPS?  I LOVE THEM THEY'RE LIKE MOUTH ORGASMS" "Lady, it's minced chicken with water chestnuts and scallions, it isn't special, and enjoying it to such a degree marks you as a peon."

However, shrimp with candied walnuts is the greatest food of all time.  Tam's noodles were pretty awesome too, but they discontinued that item because I think I was the only person in America buying it. :(

But their shrimp with lobster sauce looks like an abortion on a plate and tastes worse. :bleeding:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 23, 2012, 07:35:23 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2012, 05:32:20 PM
Anyway, shit and vomit are probably the only fetishes I am not willing to try. EVER.  :yuk:

You hear this? Marty wants somebody to pee on him. :x

AND---he wants to drink your blood!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 23, 2012, 02:19:35 PM
Was at lunch wtih some co-workers the other day, the old people were talking about their marriages. One of them, quite out nowhere said, "First night of my honeymoon I got under a glass coffee table and my wife got on top of it and took a big shit so I could watch."

He realized what he said and got upset.  This ruined the chicken curry to some degree.
It's nice that they found each other.  I don't want to know how.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: dps on March 23, 2012, 08:54:50 PM
AND---he wants to drink your blood!

Guess he really is a lawyer.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Ah, plating.  Nasty shit (pun totally intended).
Experience bij!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 23, 2012, 10:42:03 PM
Was at lunch wtih some co-workers the other day, the old people were talking about their marriages. One of them, quite out nowhere said, "First night of my honeymoon I got under a glass coffee table and my wife got on top of it and took a big shit so I could watch."

He realized what he said and got upset.  This ruined the chicken curry to some degree.
It's n

ice that they found each other.  I don't want to know how.

:lol:
true.
i couldnt imagine telling anyone, ever, if such freaky stuff got me off.

weird story. that he'd just say it in such large company like that....wtf
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on March 23, 2012, 08:49:52 PM

I used to work there.  Never fucked with my stomach at all, and I put extra chili paste on everything.  To be honest, I'd still probably call it my favorite restaurant.

I agree with the lettuce wraps, though.  WTF is wrong with people?  "CAN I HAVE YOUR LETTUCE WRAPS?  I LOVE THEM THEY'RE LIKE MOUTH ORGASMS" "Lady, it's minced chicken with water chestnuts and scallions, it isn't special, and enjoying it to such a degree marks you as a peon."

However, shrimp with candied walnuts is the greatest food of all time.  Tam's noodles were pretty awesome too, but they discontinued that item because I think I was the only person in America buying it. :(

But their shrimp with lobster sauce looks like an abortion on a plate and tastes worse. :bleeding:

I often go to a place in town called "Dragon Kitchen".  I don't think it's a chain.  It is the only place in town that has take out though.  I really do like the garlic chicken.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Twin Dragons mongolian BBQ :mmm:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on March 23, 2012, 11:51:14 PM
Twin Dragons mongolian BBQ :mmm:

I never did get around to checking that place out.  Definitely want to if I end up back there.

PRC

Quote from: Caliga on March 23, 2012, 08:26:31 PM
It's an overrated Chinese chain restaurant.  For some reason a lot of people are obsessed with their lettuce wraps, which is basically bits of General Tso's chicken wrapped in lettuce leaves.  It's no big deal, at least to me, but a lot of people go there specifically for that.

My company brings lunch in for us all the time and we get Chang's fairly often... in fact I ate it twice this week.  Wouldn't have been my choice, but hey it was free.  I probably ate 15 fortune cookies this week. :blush:

...and!?  What were your fortunes!?

Caliga

I don't remember.  I usually pay more attention to the Chinese words with their phonetic pronunciations on the back. :)

Mango = chung chee chong :smarty:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tyr on March 23, 2012, 10:53:05 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 23, 2012, 10:42:03 PM

It's n

ice that they found each other.  I don't want to know how.

:lol:
true.
i couldnt imagine telling anyone, ever, if such freaky stuff got me off.

weird story. that he'd just say it in such large company like that....wtf
Well they al know each others' wives, and they are none of them shy.  I can only imagine what will happen next time they see he and his wife together.
PDH!

CountDeMoney