22 (66.7%)
No
2 (6.1%)
You should mount Jaron
9 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

grumbler

Quote from: fahdiz on March 17, 2009, 02:54:21 PM
I must have played through the demo for M&B six or seven times.  I kept wanting to like it, but it just didn't grab me.
That was pretty much my impression as well.  A good game, I think, but just not my style.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 21, 2009, 07:52:35 PM
Native Expansion:
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,109.0.html
Frequently updated(in fact, one is probably fairly imminent), good fleshing out of the normal game.  Some additional features, especially towards managing your own kingdom.  Combat game play is  more difficult and faster-paced.

I got this one and played around with it a bit and I have to say it is just too...um...fanboyish.  The Holy Swadian Empire? :bleeding:

Also how it gets off to female soldiers so much.  I mean even today it would be strange to have a military contractor mercenary group be all female.  That sort of thing kills the medieval spirit of the original.  It is like Tim wrote a Mod or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: fahdiz on March 17, 2009, 02:54:21 PM
I must have played through the demo for M&B six or seven times.  I kept wanting to like it, but it just didn't grab me.

Be glad.  I just cannot stop playing this damn thing.  It is like medieval war crack.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2009, 10:10:15 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 21, 2009, 07:52:35 PM
Native Expansion:
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,109.0.html
Frequently updated(in fact, one is probably fairly imminent), good fleshing out of the normal game.  Some additional features, especially towards managing your own kingdom.  Combat game play is  more difficult and faster-paced.

I got this one and played around with it a bit and I have to say it is just too...um...fanboyish.  The Holy Swadian Empire? :bleeding:

Also how it gets off to female soldiers so much.  I mean even today it would be strange to have a military contractor mercenary group be all female.  That sort of thing kills the medieval spirit of the original.  It is like Tim wrote a Mod or something.

The thing I hate about that one is the colours of all the factions are identical.
Currently trying sword of damocles. Sounds canny.
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2009, 10:10:15 AM:bleeding:

I miss this smiley.   Edit:  Also :nelson: and :face:.  Edit2:  Do not, in fact, perform a GIS for :face: while at work.  :face:

Phillip V

I look very much forward to the Mount&Blade: Warbands.

I want to see marriage, though. :(

Solmyr

Quote from: Tyr on March 13, 2009, 06:40:08 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 12, 2009, 02:27:09 PM
The mods extend gameplay greatly.
I've still yet to find a definite 'the mod' though.

That would be "Native Expansion" (if you like the official campaign setup but want to do more things in it) or "The Eagle and the Radiant Cross" (for a very polished, more Renaissance feel complete with early firearms).

PS. Native Expansion has all the female soldiers because the main developer is female. :P

And the mod where all factions have the same color is the 1257 mod. It's part of the package though, as you are supposed to recognize the different lords by their heraldry, not colors.

Phillip V

Faeelin

Okay, questions.

What do I do with prisoners?

And where can I find people who will buy loot from me?

Finally, how do I drive cattle? I will raid a village, get some, and then they wander off into the night.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Faeelin on March 29, 2009, 09:17:39 AM
Okay, questions.

What do I do with prisoners?

And where can I find people who will buy loot from me?

Finally, how do I drive cattle? I will raid a village, get some, and then they wander off into the night.

You can find people who buy prisoners as slaves randomly in the taverns.  Any vendor can buy loot, go to one of the big towns and just drag your item on to their item list.  They have limited amounts of cash.  Don't know about cattle, never bothered with them.

Syt

Prisoners can be ransomed at taverns (may have to look around a bit).

Sell your loot to local vendors. You can sell horses to general goods vendors, armor to weapons traders etc. Depending on how much you have to sell you may have to go to several traders if they run out of money.

Cattle driving is tricky. In general they go in the direction you "bump" them and need constant prodding.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: Syt on March 29, 2009, 10:16:05 AM
Cattle driving is tricky. In general they go in the direction you "bump" them and need constant prodding.
Once you bump them they run away from you.  So you change the direction of their movement by moving the other way.

Iormlund

:huh:
Cattle follow you. It is just that they are extremely slow.

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on March 29, 2009, 10:48:04 AM
:huh:
Cattle follow you. It is just that they are extremely slow.

Only if you install some mods.  In the regular game you have to walk back and forth and slowly prod them along.  I am pretty good at it by now but I still hate the cow quests simply because they take awhile.

Faeelin

By the way, has anyone tried the Eagle and the Radiant Cross?