No
2 (6.1%)
You should mount Jaron
9 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on March 13, 2009, 09:40:30 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2009, 09:28:41 AM
I hope you bought it directly from the developer, so he gets a bigger cut?

I buy all my games off Gamers Gate.  I did not know I could buy it from the developer.

You just don't want to buy directly from Turks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on March 13, 2009, 09:40:30 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2009, 09:28:41 AM
I hope you bought it directly from the developer, so he gets a bigger cut?

I buy all my games off Gamers Gate.

I mostly only do for P'dox games. Their other games I can buy cheaper off the shelf, or directly from the devs for same price, most of the time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2009, 09:44:28 AM
You just don't want to buy directly from Turks.

It is my stout political stand in solidarity with my Kurdish brothers and sisters.  Saladin I did it all for you man!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

I Killed Kenny

Is mount and blade SP? Is a good SP game?

Evil Spock

It is fun for a few evenings of play but the world is so dry and there is little variety in gameplay. I still pick it up now and again but it has no long term value.

garbon

Quote from: Evil Spock on March 13, 2009, 06:39:42 PM
It is fun for a few evenings of play but the world is so dry and there is little variety in gameplay. I still pick it up now and again but it has no long term value.

I just love how you said that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2009, 09:07:20 AM
Btw, the game is on sale at Gamershate for 7.99 this weekend:
http://gamersgate.com/index.php?page=product&what=view&sku=DD-TWMB
Thanks for the heads up. Now I have it.

How much will the expansion be?

Phillip V

I tried it last night and played for 5 hours from 1AM-6AM when my computer restarted on me. :-/

The Brain

Quote from: Phillip V on March 16, 2009, 01:43:18 PM
I tried it last night and played for 5 hours from 1AM-6AM when my computer restarted on me. :-/

Did you enjoy playing?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

After playing around for a bit I totally dig it.  I can certainly see how it could get repetitive and there is alot of room for improvement.  There is alot here that they could build into a great game, I hope this title in its current form is a monatary success so they continue to develop the franchise.

Man there is nothing quite like the rumbling charge of Swadian heavy cavalry.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Crazy_Ivan80

there's an expasion coming and mods certainly seem plenty...

and yes, I caved too

Phillip V

Quote from: The Brain on March 16, 2009, 01:56:31 PM
Did you enjoy playing?
Yes. For a small developer, I am impressed.

fhdz

I must have played through the demo for M&B six or seven times.  I kept wanting to like it, but it just didn't grab me.
and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

Played it briefly for the first time. Have to play more to get an impression.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Since there is some new interest, I'll advertise my favorite mods:

Native Expansion:
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,109.0.html
Frequently updated(in fact, one is probably fairly imminent), good fleshing out of the normal game.  Some additional features, especially towards managing your own kingdom.  Combat game play is  more difficult and faster-paced.

Prophecy of Pendor:
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,119.0.html
Good somewhat fantasy-based mod.  A completely new world map and factions, along with some "flavorful" sub-factions.  A completely re-worked, and much improved version is in the works.

Custom Settlements:
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,122.0.html
Still very much in an Alpha stage, it, however, looks very promising in terms of customization for towns, and gameplay.

Sword of Damocles:
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,117.0.html
A pretty good mod...takes the native version, gives your character a unique faction, and threatens a massive invasion of Caldaria that you need to prepare for.  Also a pretty well-developed kingdom management system, including health/population/religion and random events.  There is a also an "undead" invasion mod to this mod, though that one has many more flaws/glitches.

There are others that are probably pretty good, but these are the ones I am able to comment on.