News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Iron Front - Liberation 1944

Started by Syt, March 17, 2012, 12:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Shame. Those idiots in their white-on-black counter hats are a FPS sniper's dream.

Syt

Game comes out this Friday. 29.99 on Gamersgate.

Very favorable preview, especially on the tank combat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEeRRD3iD88

And an even longer MP preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1prfOG91pw
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2012, 12:51:50 AM
East Front 1944.

Where there even any operable Stukas left on the EF in 1944, let alone 3 flying in formation on such a pretty day?

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 06:35:29 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2012, 12:51:50 AM
East Front 1944.

Where there even any operable Stukas left on the EF in 1944, let alone 3 flying in formation on such a pretty day?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ju-87#Second_World_War

QuoteTowards the end of the war, as the Allies gained air supremacy, the Stuka was being replaced by ground-attack versions of the Fw 190.[30] By early 1944, the number of Ju 87 units and operational aircraft terminally declined. For the Soviet summer offensive, Operation Bagration, 12 Ju 87 Gruppen and five mixed Gruppen (including Fw 190s) were on the Luftwaffe's order of battle on 26 June 1944.[152]Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey, a mixed aircraft unit, which included large numbers of Stuka dive bombers, was rushed to the Finnish front in the summer of 1944 and was instrumental in halting the Soviet fourth strategic offensive. The unit claimed 200 Soviet tanks and 150 Soviet aircraft destroyed for 41 losses.[153] By this juncture, the Luftwaffe continued to resist Soviet air attacks but it had little impact on the ground war.

By 31 January 1945, only 104 Ju 87s remained operational with their units. The other mixed Schlacht units contained a further 70 Ju 87s and Fw 190s between them. Chronic fuel shortages kept the Stukas grounded and sorties decreased until the end of the war in May 1945.[154]
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

I can always count on you, Syt.   You filthy Hun.

Syt

:P

Anyways, I'm kinda surprised by the lack of interest in this game on here.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Gotta see more coverage and reviews about it before I pull the trigger.  Honestly, looks like zoomed-in CM:BB by those pics.

Razgovory

ARMA II seems to be one of those rare games where the mods are better then the original stuff.  I have ARMA II but I never finished it as I kinda went into a funk after it came out.  The series has come a long way since the hideous but addictive Operation: Flashpoint.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 06:56:50 AM
Gotta see more coverage and reviews about it before I pull the trigger.  Honestly, looks like zoomed-in CM:BB by those pics.

Have you looked at the videos?
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on May 23, 2012, 07:03:59 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 06:56:50 AM

From my response, you tell me.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on May 23, 2012, 06:55:44 AM
:P

Anyways, I'm kinda surprised by the lack of interest in this game on here.

The wargamers don't want to play soldiers, they want to play commander.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on May 23, 2012, 07:03:59 AM

I just did.

Sorry, bro...the reviewer lost me when he said the most realistic WW2 shooter he had played before was WW2 Online.   :lmfao:

So tell me where this does anything that Red Orchestra doesn't do?

11B4V

Looks pretty, but nothing really jumps out and grabs me.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".