News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Iron Front - Liberation 1944

Started by Syt, March 17, 2012, 12:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

WWII is not a very fair fight as it is and having it be 1944 on makes it even more so.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 09:39:07 AMSorry, bro...the reviewer lost me when he said the most realistic WW2 shooter he had played before was WW2 Online.   :lmfao:

He specifically referenced to how tanks were modelled.  :rolleyes:

(Though I've never played WW2O and have no idea how its tank models stack up against, say, Panzer Elite, or the newer stuff from those Ukrainian dudes).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alcibiades

You tards should check out WW2ol, I quit playing it 2 years ago but how they've transformed it is actually very well done.

For instance the tanks and crew take damage to modules and the members based on how and where the rounds hit the tank, and it has a very detailed physics model.  Actually calculates the rounds hitting, including spool damage, and where and what they go through/where they stop.

So your uninformed cool guy hate  from 2001 is cool.    :bowler:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Syt

Looking at some (p)reviews for Iron Front, the general feeling seems to be that it's a fantastic total conversion that is completely destroyed by hopeless AI.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 23, 2012, 07:58:46 PM
You tards should check out WW2ol, I quit playing it 2 years ago but how they've transformed it is actually very well done.

For instance the tanks and crew take damage to modules and the members based on how and where the rounds hit the tank, and it has a very detailed physics model.  Actually calculates the rounds hitting, including spool damage, and where and what they go through/where they stop.

So your uninformed cool guy hate  from 2001 is cool.    :bowler:

I played it about 10 years ago.  Found it dull.  I played a tank that constantly grinded it's gears, and an infantry man that fell off a truck.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on May 23, 2012, 11:05:05 PM
Looking at some (p)reviews for Iron Front, the general feeling seems to be that it's a fantastic total conversion that is completely destroyed by hopeless AI.

:o
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

I sort of got bored of ww2 games a few years ago. I think HOI 3 sort of did it for me.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on May 26, 2012, 10:06:38 AM
I sort of got bored of ww2 games a few years ago. I think HOI 3 sort of did it for me.

HOI 3 was pretty dull.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

I wish they'd revamp Battlefield 1942 with the new engine. Now that would be something.

FunkMonk

Can you play as NKVD and shoot retreating deserting Russians with machine guns?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2012, 10:48:37 AM
I wish they'd revamp Battlefield 1942 with the new engine. Now that would be something.

Goddammit this needs to happen.