News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How Not to Attract Tourists

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, March 16, 2012, 07:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

QuoteHow Not to Attract Tourists
AS Americans, we like to imagine our country as we think of ourselves: open-hearted and welcoming; efficient and practical; easygoing, above all. These values are the foundation of our culture, of an open economy fueled by ideas and immigration, and of our soft power — America's ability to change the world simply because it is admired.

Whatever foreigners think of the American experiment, though, it's unlikely the experience of crossing our border has made them think better of it.

This op-ed seems to share a number of the same opinions as a number of the Euros here.

CountDeMoney

Valdemar

Its funny :) in many instances French and Americans seem alike in the "we have enough in our selves, our beautiful country, and we don't really care what others think"

V

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2012, 08:06:25 AM
Who gives a shit.

People who like foreigners to come here, give us their money, and leave.  Those people clearly do not work for Homeland Security.  But then they tend to do a pretty good job pissing off American tourists flying around America as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Yes.  They've made flying absolutely miserable.  Miserable.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2012, 09:00:31 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2012, 08:06:25 AM
Who gives a shit.

People who like foreigners to come here, give us their money, and leave.  Those people clearly do not work for Homeland Security.  But then they tend to do a pretty good job pissing off American tourists flying around America as well.

Problem is, they come here, and they fucking stay.  And I'm up to my balls here in Russian cyber scam artists, Jamaican grass dealers, Chinese counterfeiters, Honduran car thieves, Nigerian stolen credit card rings and Korean dry cleaners that rip you off by not using the starch they charge you for.

Like I said before, the great thing about being an American is you don't have to see the world;  the world comes here and starts crime syndicates. 

Fuck them all.  I hope TSA puts their filthy 3rd world asses through the fucking gauntlet.

katmai

I'd take them all over the Irish.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on March 16, 2012, 09:15:37 AM
I'd take them all over the Irish.

Of course you'd want to get rid of police departments.  You're a ne'er-do-well.

crazy canuck

People outside the US form views of the US based on how Americans act when they are travelling and Fox news.  The thing the article is complaining about pales in comparison.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 16, 2012, 09:36:57 AM
People outside the US form views of the US based on how Americans act when they are travelling and Fox news.  The thing the article is complaining about pales in comparison.

Yeah what do they learn from Fox News?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2012, 09:42:29 AM

Yeah what do they learn from Fox News?

They learn that Americans watch it.

Malthus

Personally, I form my view of any country based on the most representative Languisite, the one whom I think best represents that country's pecularities.

For the US, of course, that would be Lettow.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on March 16, 2012, 09:46:02 AM

Well I presume all Canadians are like Grallon so that's fair.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 16, 2012, 09:42:57 AM
They learn that Americans watch it.

Fox News reports on its own ratings?  How unprofessional.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2012, 09:50:39 AM
Quote from: Malthus on March 16, 2012, 09:46:02 AM

Well I presume all Canadians are like Grallon so that's fair.

By his own account, he's not a Canadian. He's Québécois. So we Canadians are off the hook.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius