News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most boring country in the world

Started by Josquius, March 15, 2012, 07:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the most boring country in the world?

Belarus
1 (2.5%)
Belgium
8 (20%)
Bolivia
0 (0%)
Canada
1 (2.5%)
Denmark
7 (17.5%)
Finland
1 (2.5%)
Hungary
0 (0%)
Sweden
2 (5%)
Switzerland
9 (22.5%)
New Zealand
0 (0%)
Norway
1 (2.5%)
United Kingdom
2 (5%)
United Stats
2 (5%)
Other
6 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Viking

How can Belgium be boring with all it's saxophones, trappist beers and paedophiles?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on March 15, 2012, 08:41:44 PM
How can Belgium be boring with all it's saxophones, trappist beers and paedophiles?

Well, if one isn't a small child and doesn't like beer or modern jazz...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 15, 2012, 07:38:27 PM
100 Helens agree with this post.

You please me with your Kids in the Hall reference.

Anyway, wherever I am, it's the most boring country in the world.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Switzerland is boring in a good way.

You will never see a headline 'The Swiss Crisis: Day 37' or whatever...at least not since 1847 (and even that was the lamest civil war ever).  Heck you can study European History for years and safely ignore them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

"Where do you think all these came from, Jean?"
"I do not know, Robert, but these Germans had some sweet grills, non?"
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Switzerland is a good choice, but I'm going with Singapore.

barkdreg

I know it's hard to believe but Belgium actually isn't that boring, our politcians are some of the best clowns in the world.

Martinus

Belarus is hardly boring. You never know when you will get scooped off the streets by the KBG, for one.

Martinus

Based on the countries I've visted:

Belgium - crushingly boring but also good food.
Finland - very boring. Nothing stands out there.
Hungary - hardly boring at all. Also nuts.
Switzerland - calm but not boring
United Kingdom - wtf?

I'm torn between Belgium and Finland. I've lived in Belgium for 6 months and been to Finland for only 2 days when I was 12, so voted Belgium on account of personal familiarity (which breeds contempt).

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on March 15, 2012, 07:56:38 PM
If you find an entire country boring, it's most likely because you are supremely boring yourself.
In general I agree.  For Switzerland I make an exception <_<

I loved the story of bankers who got transferred from London to Zurich in protest at our tax rates.  Most of them wanted to transfer back after six months because they were really bored :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

I didn't find Switzerland boring at all. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on March 16, 2012, 06:41:35 AM

Well I didn't find it boring when I was there but I do not travel internationally to be bored.  I thought we were discussing in a history of geopolitical sense.  Because there is tons of cool stuff in all of the countries listed if you are a tourist.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2012, 08:22:16 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 16, 2012, 06:41:35 AM

Well I didn't find it boring when I was there but I do not travel internationally to be bored.  I thought we were discussing in a history of geopolitical sense.  Because there is tons of cool stuff in all of the countries listed if you are a tourist.

In that case, how can Belgium be boring? Historically, that's where Europe goes to fight its battles.   :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius