News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass Effect Ending Spoiler Thread

Started by Faeelin, March 14, 2012, 10:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Yeah, it's actually far worse than the DA2 ending.  Which really was spectacularly lame.  But at least in DA2 we knew right off the bat that we were being shackled into a shitty conflict.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Queequeg

The game is an absolute fucking marvel before the ending, I don't think the Cal Lit review is fair at all. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Legbiter

Quote from: Queequeg on March 20, 2012, 01:36:43 AM
The game is an absolute fucking marvel before the ending, I don't think the Cal Lit review is fair at all.

Read the full review. You'll find that he agrees with you. And so do I, 99% of the game is the best Mass Effect there is then in the last 5 minutes it turns to shit.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Scipio

Muzyka's statement is a measured response, I think.

Seriously, though, the first two episodes had no fucking children in them at all.  None.  And in the third episode, Shepard is supposed to give a fuck about kids?  The krogans don't give a shit about kids, just procreation.  Kids=mouths to feed, when you're fighting for survival.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Kleves

Maybe they made the shit ending just so they could pump out some DLC to "fix" it later. Though I suppose I should not attribute to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

viper37

Quote from: Legbiter on March 19, 2012, 07:30:54 PM
each of the choices you're forced to make results in Shepard committing some level of genocide or another,
the only genocide is that of synthetic life when you choose the destroy option.  Otherwise, everyone survives if your EMS score is high enough and you're full Paragon or Renegade.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

It gets old, I know, but it's still fun to see.  It's my favorite part of the movie :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b33tJx8iy0A&feature=related

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Habbaku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

The above link has me pretty well convinced that the game's ending is just too subtle.  Once explained from the above (heavily spoilered) perspective, I am convinced it's great.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on March 21, 2012, 04:20:36 PM

The above link has me pretty well convinced that the game's ending is just too subtle.  Once explained from the above (heavily spoilered) perspective, I am convinced it's great.

I am sorry but my sarcasm meter is broken apparently, as I am not sure if you like the video or not.

I think it overanalyses the whole thing and is generally a load of crap. Poor guy put too much effort into this.

viper37

So, it seems all those who want a new ending have been heard:
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

I predict a yellow ending in a DLC coming soon to a computer near you! :P

katmai

QuoteThis is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.

This was one of the things that made the ending suspect to me.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2012, 05:13:58 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 21, 2012, 04:20:36 PM

I am sorry but my sarcasm meter is broken apparently, as I am not sure if you like the video or not.

I think it overanalyses the whole thing and is generally a load of crap. Poor guy put too much effort into this.

I'm a little skeptical about this interpretation but if this is really what Bioware was going for in the ending then it's a pretty fucking awesome ending; one that would have duped the player as much as your Shepard.   :cool:

Until you realize that now you'll have to pay another $20 for the ACTUAL ENDING TO THE GAME
:lmfao: :lmfao:  :lmfao:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.