The Big Stuff - You Have To Choose A Weltanschauung, So What Is It ?

Started by mongers, March 13, 2012, 08:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

"Everyone thinks his own burden heavy".

Life is sometimes awesome, sometimes shitty, and most of the time somewhere in between. Don't fool yourself into thinking the shitty parts and the awesome parts will never end, and try and make the most of the times in the middle.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Some burdens are heavier then others.  Being crazy is no walk in the park.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Razgovory

I haven't figured out what I want to post as an answer.  Probably cause I don't know. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on March 16, 2012, 03:49:06 PM
I haven't figured out what I want to post as an answer.  Probably cause I don't know. :(

It actually doesn't require you to have any kind of an answer. So: no biggie?

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on March 16, 2012, 03:50:32 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 16, 2012, 03:49:06 PM

It actually doesn't require you to have any kind of an answer. So: no biggie?

I thought title of the thread said I had to.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

What is mine is mine, what is yours is yours. And if you touch mine, I'll shoot you in the face.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Lettow77

Desire is suffering. Moderate desire to moderate suffering- find something modest and simple you can enjoy every day, and take pleasure in simplicity.

Don't be afraid of sincerity. Bright, pleasant things are okay to embrace.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I think my is that I plan to examine each and everyone one of you until I learn everything is to know about you.  Your loves, your fears, your habits, your vices, and your virtues.  I place each one of you under intense scrutiny and when I have learned everything there is to know, I will destroy you so there won't be anything more to learn before moving on the next one of you.  I will then create computer simulations of you posting on Languish.  Forever.  Thus I will save Languish, preventing it from ever dying.

Less of a worldview as a goal.  So what do you guys think?  Good?

mongers

The thread question wasn't what is your particular world view specific to you and all the subtleties thereof, depending on how far you have thought about it, but that you have to adopt a somewhat recognised one or a label or say a 'religion'.

So I'm not concerned with how Ed Anger is his own special unique ball of light, rather I'm asking how he'd described himself to the outside world in terms of easily understandable cultural norms or labels.

Currently my working 'portrait' of him is survivalist -polygamous-breeder-snake fondler.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on March 13, 2012, 08:04:16 PM
You have to accept or choose a recognisable world-view, to identify yourself by, what is it and why that choice ?

Can you repeat the question?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".