Your favorite team doesn't give a damn about you

Started by CountDeMoney, March 07, 2012, 02:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

There's talk the RAMs may leave St. Louis.  I wonder if there is a way to get them out quicker.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

I liked the article, which I almost didn't read because it was about sports.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

If it's glass, I would think it would sink to the bottom. 

I don't think I've ever let a bottle of liquor last more than a couple years (and it's not like anyone in my boring family would have ever handed booze down to me), so I can't add anything :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on March 07, 2012, 07:47:40 PM

I've really come to like Football.  Since it's about jocks getting hurt.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on March 07, 2012, 07:47:40 PM

Communist.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on March 07, 2012, 07:43:41 PM
There's talk the RAMs may leave St. Louis.  I wonder if there is a way to get them out quicker.

Missouri's really not big enough to have two teams.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I really don't like the way American sports are setup so that its normal for teams to just up and move.

The Chargers have been in San Diego since 1961, and in that time they've established themselves as the Nicolas Cage of the NFL: Every 10 years they seem to pull it together and have a decent showing, but mostly they're just embarrassing to watch
I know nothing about american football but :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on March 07, 2012, 10:56:33 PM
I really don't like the way American sports are setup so that its normal for teams to just up and move.
Same.  It's funny how the reaction's the same everywhere though.  When Everton proposed moving to a new stadium in Kirkby there was huge outrage because it was 5 miles out of Liverpool city centre :lol:

Sadly we're still stuck in a stadium that isn't really good enough and detracts buyers and there's not really looking like the money for any other plans :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

I wouldn't say its normal, it doesn't happen that often. In fact very few teams moved in the last decade compared to the one before IIRC.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2012, 11:28:40 PM

I wouldn't say its normal, it doesn't happen that often. In fact very few teams moved in the last decade compared to the one before IIRC.

But as much as I hate one team moving in the 90s, I adore the fact that one team moved in the teens...  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

What does that have to do with a comment about American sports?  :huh:

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 08, 2012, 12:12:52 AM
What does that have to do with a comment about American sports?  :huh:

:rolleyes:

Since the former was a team moving from Canada to America, and the latter was a team moving from America to Canada...

:rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

It's still kinda like bringing up Real Salt Lake.  :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 07, 2012, 10:42:36 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 07, 2012, 07:43:41 PM

Missouri's really not big enough to have two teams.

Well the market area goes beyond simply Missouri.  I'm told that Southern Illinois is Cardinal country.  I doubt it's also Ram country though.  Hell, I don't think St. Louis is really Rams country.  The Chiefs can be a decent team at times.  Though Kansas City baseball really shouldn't be mentioned in polite society.  St. Louis has an excellent baseball team, but it's football team is just awful.  I suppose that's the way of things.  Neither town can be good at both.  Sometimes they can fail at both though. 

I don't watch Hockey and there's no pro Basketball team in the area.  Though MU can play a mean game of Hoops.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on