Obama on Iran, Israel and Nukes

Started by Jacob, March 02, 2012, 01:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

It is refreshing to see the mentally ill can join US army. :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: Tamas on March 05, 2012, 04:20:28 AM

Hans and Raz are remarkably the same kind of guy when it coms to politics: choose a side, study the memo on what that means, and follow it like gospel in "debates". They just happened to choose different sides, probably because of the source of their income.

That's why they're partisans and not ideologues. :angry:

I came up with my own bullshit; I vote Democrat, but out of hate.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2012, 03:32:59 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 05, 2012, 04:20:28 AM

Hans and Raz are remarkably the same kind of guy when it coms to politics: choose a side, study the memo on what that means, and follow it like gospel in "debates". They just happened to choose different sides, probably because of the source of their income.

That's why they're partisans and not ideologues. :angry:

I came up with my own bullshit; I vote Democrat, but out of hate.

Actually I don't study memos are go to propaganda sites to "Read up" on what I should be thinking.  I know Hans used to post shit from the National Review, but that's just not my thing.  What kind of memos have you been studying Tamas?  I give you a pass on your stupid libertarianism like I give Siege a pass on bigotry.  It's a sad product of your upbringing and national history.

And if anything Hans should be a Democrat by your reasoning, he's a federal employee.  His gets his cash (and room and board) from Uncle Sam.  I do respect Hans though I disagree with him.  At least he has balls.  He has the courage to risk being wrong. It's tough to believe in something.  You risk being disappointed, being proven wrong, having your heart broken.  A lot of people don't have that courage.  They are more afraid of being wrong then they are interested in being right.  They are fence sitters, the undecided, and the cynics.  In other words, moral cowards. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on March 06, 2012, 11:21:35 AM
It is refreshing to see the mentally ill can join US army. :(

They wouldn't when I tried. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Maximus

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 04:39:35 PM
And if anything Hans should be a Democrat by your reasoning, he's a federal employee.  His gets his cash (and room and board) from Uncle Sam. 

Nah, Republicans are even happier than Democrats to overfund his branch of the government.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Hansmeister

And of course I was right about Obama's motive, from the NY Post:

QuoteUS offered Israel advanced weaponry in exchange for delaying Iran attack: report
NEWSCORE

Last Updated: 1:38 PM, March 8, 2012

Posted: 6:48 AM, March 8, 2012

Tweet More  Print WASHINGTON -- The US offered to give Israel advanced weaponry -- including bunker-busting bombs and refueling planes -- in exchange for Israel's agreement not to attack Iranian nuclear sites, Israeli newspaper Maariv reported Thursday.

President Obama reportedly made the offer during Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu's visit to Washington this week.

Under the proposed deal, Israel would not attack Iran until 2013, after US elections in November this year. The newspaper cited unnamed Western diplomatic and intelligence sources.

Netanyahu said Monday that sanctions against Iran had not worked, adding that "none of us can afford to wait much longer" in taking action against Iran's controversial nuclear program.

However, Netanyahu told FOX News Channel on Wednesday that he did not think war with Iran was inevitable. He added that the only way to deter Tehran was to advocate carrying out a serious military strike against the Islamic Republic.

"The paradox is that if they actually believe that they are going to face the military option, then you probably will not need the military option," Netanyahu said.

The US also believes there is still a "window of opportunity" for the dispute to be resolved diplomatically.

Obama told reporters during a White House news conference Tuesday that the US would apply pressure to Iran, "even as we provide a door for the Iranian regime to walk through" to prove its nuclear program is peaceful.

The President had met Netanyahu in the Oval Office the day before, where he reaffirmed his "unprecedented commitment" to Israel's security in the Middle East.

On Thursday, Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei welcomed Obama's support for finding a diplomatic solution to the Iranian crisis.

"This talk is good talk and shows an exit from illusion," AFP reported Khamenei as saying, citing the leader's website. However, Khamenei criticised the continued imposition of international sanctions against Iran.

"The US president continued saying that he wants to make the Iranian people kneel through sanctions, this part of this speech shows the continuation of illusion in this issue," he said.

A statement issued Thursday on behalf of the so-called P5+1 countries -- the US, UK, France, Russia, China and Germany -- urged Iran to enter into a "serious dialogue" and "without pre-conditions" on its nuclear program.

The statement was issued at a meeting of the UN atomic agency in Vienna. "We call on Iran to enter, without pre-conditions, into a sustained process of serious dialogue, which will produce concrete results,"

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

lulz, The NY Post, quoting Maariv.  Why don't we throw in The National Inquirer while we're at it?  IRANIANS USING MARTIAN TECHNOLOGY? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

Razgovory

I question if Israel can actually accomplish this by it's self.  This may take a multi-day air campaign.  I don't know if they can do it.  It's not like the Iraqi thing back in the 1980's.

The Brain

Israel has nukes. Glass it and we will come.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.